ST3 loop off-sync in Cubase 9.5

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST3 loop off-sync in Cubase 9.5

Postby myersdavidm » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:51 pm

Setup: Sampletank 3.7.3 within Cubase Elements 9.5 as a VST instrument. Windows 10. All software recently purchased and upgraded to the latest. Decent PC that does not seem challenged. Probably a very common combination in the user community.

I have an instrument track with the "70s Rock 92 BPM" Acoustic Drums loop. Playing a single note for 8 bars, then repeating the 8 bars. Transport set to 105 BPM. To me, sounds poppin!
I have ST3 set to sync the loop so that it stretches it to the tempo I want.

The problem is: there seems to be some latency problem that causes ST3 to not play the loop until beat 2 most of the time, so the drums are off by a beat. I can fake it by starting the note say 1/16 before the first bar but that doesn't work when one part follows the next immediately.

Ive tried every combination of asio latencies, audio buffering, software settings etc that I can think of. To the point that I wonder what I have messed up elsewhere :roll:

I used to have Cubase 8 and ST2.5XL working together just fine.

I'm dyin over here, please help! Apologies if this has been covered before.
myersdavidm

Re: ST3 loop off-sync in Cubase 9.5

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:14 pm

Hey mysersdavidm,

Thanks for your post!

Do note, this is a user-to-user discussion forum and not a forum for direct support. I would suggest running this by IK Multimedia technical support here. They should be able to help figure out what could be going on here.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: ST3 loop off-sync in Cubase 9.5

Postby myersdavidm » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:16 pm

Thank you Ryan_JK. I have submitted a support ticket.
Dave
myersdavidm

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More