SampleTank free, 2SE, 2XL etc. sounds

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank free, 2SE, 2XL etc. sounds

Postby Chance » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:39 pm

I have all the SampleTank sounds and engines from free to 2XL and maybe more. Can I use only one ST engine to run "ALL" those sounds?
Chance

Re: SampleTank free, 2SE, 2XL etc. sounds

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:48 pm

Yes, SampleTank 3 (even the Custom Shop - free - version) will import legacy sound libraries from 2.x up. Please see the SampleTank 3 User Manual for the full details. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Chance » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:52 pm

Now I have another problem. I was running all my IK VST plugins on a mac G-4 PPC OS 10.4.11.
I now have a mac G-5 PPC running OS 10.5.8. I was able to authorize my TRacks plugin with no problem, however when I try to authorize SampleTank, I get a message saying this authorization manager is out of date and to use the link to the new one. There was an option link for mac OS 10.4 to 10.5. I selected it but it just took me back to the previous page and couldn't download it. I tried it with different browsers but nothing
Chance

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:33 pm

Hmm, I found a link on the Authorization Manager / Specs page but that gave me a "403 Forbidden" error (maybe because I'm on a PC). The best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help. And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know how it gets resolved.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Chance » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:59 pm

This is becoming a nightmare that I never had before with my old G-4 10.4.11 (PPC) and SampleTank.
I can't install ST3 or custom shop on my G5 10.5.8 (PPC) Authorization manager download link for mac 10.4 to 10.5 is there, but doesn't work. Tech support says "no longer supported".
I was able to install and authorize ST 2.5 and when I select "import" (sounds) I can see them, but they are all grayed out. Everything worked flawlessly on my old G-4 PPC 10.4.11 and I need it now to work on my G-5 10.5.8 PPC. I have a lot invested with all the ST, Miraslav Philharmonic, and others and paid the $10 fee, but all I was able to transfer was TRacks. Anyone have any thoughts?
Chance

Postby rneastham » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:46 pm

I guess this is as good a place to post as any.

Just wanted to thank the software team of SampleTank 3 for giving us the ability to import our old stuff. I've had the Composer Trio for years and have really become reliant on it. Last weekend I took the time to import all three of those libraries into ST3 and now I feel like I don't have struggle anymore to replace my old sounds unless I care to.

It's the thoughtful stuff, helping us preserve our older works, that makes a loyal customer.
rneastham

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Chance wrote:This is becoming a nightmare that I never had before with my old G-4 10.4.11 (PPC) and SampleTank.
I can't install ST3 or custom shop on my G5 10.5.8 (PPC) Authorization manager download link for mac 10.4 to 10.5 is there, but doesn't work. Tech support says "no longer supported".
I was able to install and authorize ST 2.5 and when I select "import" (sounds) I can see them, but they are all grayed out. Everything worked flawlessly on my old G-4 PPC 10.4.11 and I need it now to work on my G-5 10.5.8 PPC. I have a lot invested with all the ST, Miraslav Philharmonic, and others and paid the $10 fee, but all I was able to transfer was TRacks. Anyone have any thoughts?

You would not be able to install SampleTank 3 as your computer does not meet the requirements. However, please note that your computer also does not meet the requirements of the latest version of SampleTank 2 per https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... 2-xl-specs which is likely the issue.

If you don't see an earlier version that may be compatible with your computer in your IK User Area under "My Products" then please continue to work with support to see if there are any other options.

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:21 pm

rneastham wrote:I guess this is as good a place to post as any.

Just wanted to thank the software team of SampleTank 3 for giving us the ability to import our old stuff. I've had the Composer Trio for years and have really become reliant on it. Last weekend I took the time to import all three of those libraries into ST3 and now I feel like I don't have struggle anymore to replace my old sounds unless I care to.

It's the thoughtful stuff, helping us preserve our older works, that makes a loyal customer.

I appreciate the kind words and will let the team know that you are happy with the importing of legacy sounds into SampleTank 3.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Chance » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Now I am getting more & more confused. I was successful in getting my T-Racks from my mac G-4 PPC OS 10.4.11 to my G-5 PPC OS 10.5.8, but all my SampleTank and Miraslav Philharmonic can't be upgraded from the G-4 to G-5? I went to my products under past releases, but it doesn't show the system requirements for each past release. How do I know which past release is compatible with my G-5 PPC 10.5.8? I spent a lot of money for all these plugins and I will need them soon. I've contacted tech support, and their only reply was "We no longer support that OS at this point." What do I do now with the investment I made in all these IK products?
Chance

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Chance wrote:Now I am getting more & more confused. I was successful in getting my T-Racks from my mac G-4 PPC OS 10.4.11 to my G-5 PPC OS 10.5.8, but all my SampleTank and Miraslav Philharmonic can't be upgraded from the G-4 to G-5? I went to my products under past releases, but it doesn't show the system requirements for each past release. How do I know which past release is compatible with my G-5 PPC 10.5.8? I spent a lot of money for all these plugins and I will need them soon. I've contacted tech support, and their only reply was "We no longer support that OS at this point." What do I do now with the investment I made in all these IK products?

You can reply to your ticket at any time and they will continue to assist you. Please make sure to note you are looking for a past release that may support PPC computers if available. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More