KAT Multipad not working with sampletank

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

KAT Multipad not working with sampletank

Postby cowboyrooster » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:21 pm

Hello, I have a KAT ktmp1 Multipad and am trying to get it to work with sampletank 3. It will not trigger any sounds. It is on midi channel 10 and sampletank will light up the number 10 in its interface when I hit the pad, but no sound. Does anyone else have this problem.
cowboyrooster

Re: KAT Multipad not working with sampletank

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:47 pm

Just to double-check: have you loaded an instrument into the slot next to the 10 that lights up?

If you want, you can load separate drum kit pieces into different slots, set the MIDI channels all to 10, then mix and apply different FX to each kit piece:

If you route the outputs, in the ST3 Mixer, to different outputs, then you can mix and apply different FX in your DAW host.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:51 pm

Hmm, it looks as though I have answered this before:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15132

It would be better to have continued with your previous thread. Did you contact Technical Support?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby cowboyrooster » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:32 pm

Not yet, I really need to call somebody at IK Multimedia to explain. The computer is receiving the midi notes, I can see them in the midi monitor. All logic pro instruments work and will trigger with the pad. Sampletank will not. Sampletank will acknowledge that it is recieving the note by lighting up the square "ten" white. But no sound. If I use a midi keyboard or my roland V-drums it works just fine. What does it mean when the "ten" lights up red instead of white? I have the same exact problem if I use the stand alone version of sampletank. It's like it sees the note coming in but has a velocity of zero or something so you can't hear a sound. In the midi monitor I can see that when I hit the pad it will send the note and veloctiy and immediatly send the note with a velocity of zero (to silence the sound I presume?). Thanks for your help.
cowboyrooster

Postby cowboyrooster » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:09 am

Is there a way to load sampletank samples into another sampler so I can get this to work?
cowboyrooster

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:39 am

(a) IK Technical Support works via Support Tickets, not telephone calls.

(b) "lighting up the square "ten" white" means that ST3 recognises the MIDi notes and that they are on MIDI channel 10

(c) "What does it mean when the "ten" lights up red" - that thew polypony limit has been exceeded (too many simultaneous notes)

(d) " In the midi monitor I can see that when I hit the pad it will send the note and velocity and immediately send the note with a velocity of zero" Drum hits are, by tradition, very short, but they still trigger the full playback of the sounds.

(e) ST3 instruments / samples cannot be loaded into other software.

Curious - what happen if you load a drum kit in ST3 into the Channel 10 slot then click the notes (say, in the C1 octave) on the built-in virtual keyboard? Do you see the meter light up (as in my screenshots)? Do you hear anything? (If using the standalone, have you routed the audio to your audio interface? If using the plug-in, have you routed the audio to the output?)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby cowboyrooster » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:48 pm

Thanks for the answers. When I load the neil peart drum kit on slot 10 I can hear all the notes by playing them on my midi keyboard, my V-drums, and when I click on the software keyboard in sampletank. The meter lights up in sampletank and in logic. When I play the KAT multipad I do not hear anything, do not see the meter light up but only see the "10" light up white. Very frustrating because the multipad works just fine in other VST, AU instruments.
cowboyrooster

Postby cowboyrooster » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:50 pm

Yes audio is routed to my interface, in the AU and in standalone.
cowboyrooster

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:12 am

So there may be something odd about the KAT MIDI.

(a) Can you record its MIDI in Logic, export it / save it as a MIDI file and upload it somewhere safe so we can have a look? Support will probably want to see the MIDI file too.

(b) Is the Multipad set up to send the correct MIDI notes to trigger the Neil Peart drum kit pieces?

(c) Does the Multipad trigger any sound from ST3 if you load another instrument (perhaps, not even a drum kit)?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:19 pm

... any progress?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby cowboyrooster » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:21 pm

OK, the pad is set up to trigger the correct notes. I can record midi into logic just fine. However when I play back the track, it wont play all the notes and only plays some (wierd). If I load another instrument besides the drum kit, it will not trigger the notes same as before.

I am trying to find an upload site to upload the midi file. I'll let you guys know.

Thanks
cowboyrooster

Postby cowboyrooster » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:11 pm

OK, here is the midi file https://sabercathost.com/5h84/multipad_midi_file.mid

I just recorded basic taps on the pad. Thanks for all the help!!!
cowboyrooster

Postby DarkStar » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:00 pm

I cannot download from there.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby cowboyrooster » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:12 pm

cowboyrooster

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:18 pm

Sorry, that site is marked as "Untested" by Norton and I do not access such sites.

Sorry I cannot help further. Perhaps someone-else will have a look at those files for you. Or raise a Support Ticket.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More