Fifth instance of Syntronik in a session make Cubase crash

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Fifth instance of Syntronik in a session make Cubase crash

Postby javelkjell » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:15 am

Hi,

When adding the fifth or sixth instance of Syntronik in a Cubase session, the screen goes black for a few seconds, and Cubase states that "a serious error occurred". Sometimes even the video card driver fails, and the PC has to be rebooted. It happens in the same instant as Syntronik is added/attached. There is no problem adding empty instrument tracks (or other types of tracks or VST-instruments for that matter) in Cubase. Only when adding the 5th or 6th instance of Syntronik in the same session.

I can say it's not a CPU- or RAM-related issue, since the PC use only 50% CPU and 70% RAM when it happens. I can go up to almost 100% usage of CPU and physical RAM in other situation with no problems. It's ONLY happening when using Cubase, and only when adding a new Syntronik instrument.

Dump files are sent for analysis to Steinberg. They recommended to reinstall video-drivers, which did not help. They also asked me to test with the VST2-version of Syntronik, which neither did help. Furthermore they stated this:
I analysed some of them [dump files] and confirm that those that are possible to open point to Syntronik (some have no content, which usually indicate a system crash occurred, e.g. a driver crash). The crashes also indicate that atidxx64.dll was loaded near the crash area, so it indeed looks like a graphic-related crash.

Cubase-version is Elements 9.5.30 Build 192.
Syntronik version is 1.2.
Windows 10, latest update.
Latest recommended driver for my video-card (ATI Radeom Mobile HD 4500) is installed.
HP Probook 6550b.

Please help. We do indeed need more than four Syntronik intruments in the same session in several of our projects!
Last edited by javelkjell on Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
javelkjell

Re: Fifth instance of Syntronik in a session make Cubase cra

Postby garfy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, I would suggest changing your username to something other than your email address to avoid receiving unsolicited spam (or worse).

Secondly, this sounds like an issue that is specific to your system, rather than being a particular bug with Syntronik (I've just added 10 instances in a Logic project without a problem). This is primarily a user forum so someone may chime in here with some advice, but it would be wise to open a ticket with IK official support for some one-to-one help https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Good luck
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby javelkjell » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I've sent a request to IK Multimedia official support. I'll write the solution here if they find it.

Thank you for the tip regarding username.
javelkjell

Postby garfy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:03 pm

No problem.

Be aware that you will probably have to wait a couple of days as they may not reply over the weekend.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More