ST2 XL - "Failed to load instrument"

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST2 XL - "Failed to load instrument"

Postby srdill » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:28 pm

I just took advantage of the sale on SampleTank 3. I have it completely installed and working fine but at the bottom of each Instrument category there is a folder for ST2 XL. Inside each ST2 XL folder is a list of more instruments, but they are not found. When I try to load of those sounds, I get "Failed to load instrument" and then it lists my disk path for the SampleTank programs. What is wrong here?
srdill

Re: ST2 XL

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:55 pm

That sounds like one of the sound library downloads was not installed. Please make sure you have downloaded all of the sound library downloads from your IK User Area and have run the installer for each.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby srdill » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:02 pm

I'm pretty sure I have them all installed. Which download contains the ST2 XL files?
srdill

Postby srdill » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:05 pm

Actually, I took a look at the Instrument folders. All the ZZ_ST2 XL files appear to be installed in the right place. SampleTank just can't see them. Why?
srdill

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:07 pm

srdill wrote:Actually, I took a look at the Instrument folders. All the ZZ_ST2 XL files appear to be installed in the right place. SampleTank just can't see them. Why?

If this is the case, you would need to consult IK Support so they can help you directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:21 pm

srdill wrote:Actually, I took a look at the Instrument folders. All the ZZ_ST2 XL files appear to be installed in the right place. SampleTank just can't see them. Why?

AS far as I can remember the instrument (.st3i) files are installed along with the software. The sample files (.pak, in the Samples folder) are installed separately. If the sample files are not there then the instrument cannot be loaded.

There are 8? (9?) Sounds library downloads and you need to download, extract and install them all.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More