SampleTank and TriplePlay VPA Plugin rejected VPA Hos Error

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank and TriplePlay VPA Plugin rejected VPA Hos Error

Postby PeterPan399 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:13 pm

I just installed the newest ST3 (full) on my laptop. I use it mostly with my Fishman TriplePlay guitar. But when I tried to run TriplePlay, I received the following error:

VP compatibility error
VPA Plugin rejected VPA Host

I then uninstalled the previous version of ST3 (limited version) which came with TriplePlay, I reinstalled the new one, but I still have the same error message. Hence, I'm unable to use SampleTank with my TriplePlay.

Any solutions?
PeterPan399

Re: SampleTank and TriplePlay VPA Plugin rejected VPA Hos Er

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:19 pm

I'm not sure what might cause that, but please make sure the host in which you're running SampleTank 3 is 64-bit. Beyond that, best bet would be to also open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ if you have not already done so for this issue. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby PeterPan399 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:02 pm

My laptop only works in 64-bit. I don't have any 32-bit plugins installed at all.

I tried to uninstall TriplePlay and reinstall it, but I still get the same error message.
Don't know what to do.... :cry:

PS: By the way, SampleTank 3 runs perfectly well in standalone mode. I can load all new instruments I just got. The MAJOR problem is that SampleTank 3.dll doesn't load in TriplePlay. That's when I received the error message, as stated above.
PeterPan399

Postby PeterPan399 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:26 pm

Hi Peter_IK,

First, thank you for taking care of "lonely" users in the field. So, after many long hours of fidgeting here and there, I finally found the solution! And for those reading the forum, and having the same problem, here is what I did to make it work again:

1. Before doing anything else, backup your TriplePlay patches to a folder (and take note of its location!)
2. Completely remove TriplePlay, and then reinstall it.
3. Make sure you have the SampleTank 3 version which came with TriplePlay (located in your user area on the Fishman website; if need be download it and note the password.)
4. During the install, TriplePlay asks if you want to install ST3, click yes.
5. Then, and very important, copy (don't install the SampleTank software!) all ST3 sound files to the folder of your choice.
6. Open TriplePlay, and install (reinstall) all libraries, DLL, VSTs, and so forth. Make sure you point to the path of where SampleTank 3.dll is located.

Maybe there was an easier way to do it, but the above procedure worked for me.

I don't know why (probably a programming glitch), but the install process of ST3 must absolutely be done through TriplePlay, otherwise the error message will occur if you use the install app which is included in the ST3 package.

Case close... until my next questions! :D
PeterPan399

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More