Sample Tank 3 sounds import.

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sample Tank 3 sounds import.

Postby ron-e-g » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:10 am

I've been having nothing but trouble getting my S/T3 to import my sounds. I have quite a few so re-downloading and installing from scratch isn't appealing. I have all the sounds saved on my system. It seems they don't want to install automatically to the correct location file or location.
I'm pretty sure they all go to C> users>public>public documents>IK Multimedia>SampleTank3 then I'm lost! Instruments? samples? Imported instruments? Don't know. I started Importing the
Miroslav Philharmonic Sounds 1-8 got the first two files and realized they were not working. They would show up as the folder headers or names, but the sounds would not display after clicking the header name. I tried putting them in Instruments, then Samples. It's been so long since I've done this I have forgotten how. The user manual is of no help.
Do I have to go through the whole lengthy process again.. Download, install, authorize, and install? to get these sounds to import properly?

Thank You
ron-e-g

Re: Sample Tank 3 sounds import.

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:15 pm

To import legacy sound libraries you need to use the Import Legacy Sounds functionality in SampleTank 3. They cannot simply be placed in your filesystem as they will not be recognized that way.

Please refer to section 3.3.1 in the SampleTank 3 User Manual for details on this process. If you are unfamiliar with the location of IK manuals on your system please refer to the FAQ at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/2497

If you have been using this process or you do and still have issues, I'd recommend seeking official technical support from the IK Support team at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ron-e-g » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Thanks Peter,

I suppose I need an education on the difference between "legacy sounds" and other types. Are the downloads that are offered through the "my products" page associated with the Various "free" players, Syntronik Free, SampleMoog, Sonik Synth 2, and so on, considered legacy? Are the Miroslav Philharmonik 9 part sound files considered legacy? If not then do different rules apply? If so, What? I've got a folder named; 100_SampleTank 3 Free That refuses to play. It is in two locations under C>users>public>public documents>ik multimedia>SampleTank3>then instruments, then instruments again in that sub folder. And neither will play.
Thanks
ron-e-g

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:57 pm

Legacy are sound libraries that were for SampleTank 2 like SampleMoog, SampleTron, etc. any SampleTank 3 libraries that are listed on the SampleTank 3 product pages would not be.

Since one you mention states SampleTank 3 specifically in the folder name is comsult IK Support about that to see what is happening in that case.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ron-e-g » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:29 pm

Thanks Peter,

By SampleTank Product page you mean my "my products" page?
So I guess mine are not legacy.
I have contacted support on this, and another issue prior. Was hoping to get an answer quicker here. Maybe from someone who knows , and understands the file system higher Archy.

Case in point; Is there supposed to be this file in two locations? If not then where is it supposed to reside..if anywhere at all. I mean, where does it originate from? It appears to be the only one not loading.

Ron
ron-e-g

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:55 pm

ron-e-g wrote:Thanks Peter,

By SampleTank Product page you mean my "my products" page?
So I guess mine are not legacy.
I have contacted support on this, and another issue prior. Was hoping to get an answer quicker here. Maybe from someone who knows , and understands the file system higher Archy.

Case in point; Is there supposed to be this file in two locations? If not then where is it supposed to reside..if anywhere at all. I mean, where does it originate from? It appears to be the only one not loading.

Ron

No, the SampleTank 3 page on IK's web site will link to and show all the available SampleTank 3 libraries.

The import process will convert the legacy samples and put them into the SampleTank 3 hierarchy automatically. If you don't have the legacy sound libraries already installed then yes, you'd need to put them somewhere first in order for SampleTank 3 to import them. Many people already have the legacy product libraries installed and you would follow the steps in the SampleTank 3 User Manual to import those from their currently-installed location. If you don't have them installed then yes, of course you'd need to install them in order to be able to import them into SampleTank 3.

The SampleTank 3 Free sounds you seem to have an issue with will need to be handled by support as they should be available to use if you ran the installer for those sounds. There is an issue beyond that from what I can see that they would need to assess and requires more than someone who knows the hierarchy, etc, as they don't appear to be installed correctly. If you have SampleTank 3 full then you shouldn't need the free ones anyway.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ron-e-g » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:11 pm

ron-e-g wrote:

Ron

Thanks Peter.
I'm not sure if this sounds folder is maybe left over from ST2. That is why it won't load.
Also I don't think it is supposed to be located in two places in the same SampleTank 3 Sounds folders.
ron-e-g

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:15 pm

It looks as though the sounds library got installed twice.

Move the SampleTank 3 / Instruments / Instruments folder somewhere-else. Then start ST3 (standalone program) and click the circular arrow button in the Instrument Browser to rebuild the database.

Also, check to see if the 'Samples' folder is duplicated

If all is well you should be able to delete that moved folder.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ron-e-g » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:34 am

Thank You, DarkStar

Will do that. Great suggestion that's the one thing I hadn't done. There is something wrong with the actual files. I'll try to get it squared away with tech support.
It could take awhile tho..... as it's a ask a question one day, get a response the next, process.
Been going on a few days so far!

Ron
ron-e-g

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More