Miroslav violin legato issue

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav violin legato issue

Postby Zaffer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:47 pm

Hi,
I just bought and in installed Miroslav Philharmonic 2 and so far, I have mainly tested the strings. The violin legato (both key switch and individual instrument) sounds short -- shorter than the staccato. Is this normal, or is there something wrong with the install? The sustain is alright, but I never thought of legato as a very short sound. This problem is true for both the stand-alone app and using it as a plug-in in Cubase. Thanks.
Zaffer
Zaffer

Re: Miroslav violin legato issue

Postby craigsnoke » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:07 pm

I've run into the same thing. It's my understanding that the various legato variations are meant for legato notes on fast passages of music (16th note runs for example). I can get the legato articulations to be somewhat effective in scenarios like that, but it takes some work. Not quite what I'm used to for "legato". Also if you need this articulation for a passage that's slow enough where the Miroslav legato leaves gaps between notes, then it really takes some work...
craigsnoke

Re: Miroslav violin legato issue

Postby Zaffer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:23 pm

Thanks for clarifying Craigsnoke.
Zaffer

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More