Syntronik Multis

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik Multis

Postby Steviebone » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:25 pm

So I was in a friend of mine studio who had this installed and thought it looked pretty cool. However after playing around with it for a while I have some questions. Normally I would go to the user manual to answer these basic features. But I guess you don't have access to that until you have purchased the product? (That seems counter intuitive to me as I always read user manuals thoroughly before purchasing a product)

Anyway I noticed that there did not seem to be any way to route multiple MIDI inputs or audio outputs. Furthermore we couldn't make the pan work. So everything receives on one MIDI channel and has to be output to one stereo output pair? And why doesn't the pan control work?

I have many VST's that are quite inexpensive that support multiple MIDI inputs and multiple audio outs. With all those instruments lurking under the hood it seems a waste and a shame not to be able to utilize them correctly without multiple instances of the plug robbing memory and CPU. Am I missing something?
Steviebone

Re: Syntronik Multis

Postby garfy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:43 am

Hello Steviebone and welcome to the forums.

AFAIK you can get the user manual for Syntronik when you register for an account with IKM, so if you go to your user area you will be able to see the Free version of the software along with the manual.

The pan control works fine on my set up, both on individual synths and on multis where I can output various layers to different points in the stereo field. Perhaps a ticket into IK support would be an idea to get some one-to-one help https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

As for multiple MIDI/Audio ins and outs of the app you are correct and there are probably more than a few people that would agree with you. Perhaps a feature request put to IK support would get implemented into a future release.

However, you can load up to 16 instances of Syntronik instruments into SampleTank which does let you have individual MIDI channels and multiple audio streams. Although you don't get the nice UI as you have in the app itself, this would allow you to achieve what you want.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More