Need to re-authorize.

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Need to re-authorize.

Postby gareebee » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:10 am

Heelo...

I purchased special offer package a year or so back and authorized it (Sample Tank, Sampletron, Phiharmonik, Sonicsynth). Unfortunately, a cloning software package I used to upgrade to an SSD corrupted both existing and SSD drives. I ran a restore from another external drive which cauught me up to 13 months ago, but now my package says I have to upgrade to full working package as I had not yet done so 13 months ago, but am currently authorized. I cannot navigate the instructions. Can you help? Desperately need to get back up and running before next show!

{Mod Edit: personal details removed]

Garry
gareebee

Re: Need to re-authorize.

Postby garfy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:43 am

Hello gareebee

Firstly, I would edit your first post to take out the serial and digital ID information to avoid nefarious people using it.

Secondly, even though this sounds like old or discontinued versions of some of the software, you should be able to find download links to all of your purchases in your User Area. The only reason I can think that it's asking you to upgrade is because some of these old apps are 32-bit only and you may be trying to open them in a more up-to-date DAW or OS.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Need to re-authorize.

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:11 pm

My reading is this:

How did you Authorize the software - with the Authorization Manager or the older Product Authorization (which displays the Digital Id)?

I'll guess that it is the latter method. If the Authorization details are not now stored on your system (as you restored the System Disk from a copy 13 months old) you will need to do it again. If your hardware has not changed significantly then the same Authorization will be used; but if it has changed then a new Authorization will be used 9you have 10 available).

When you say "I cannot navigate the instructions" what instructions? And what problems do you run into? Screenshots will help (blank out any personal / licence details); see
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432

And when you say "my package says I have to upgrade to full working package" - I reckon that that just means an authorized package.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More