Duplicate Syntronik Free content?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Duplicate Syntronik Free content?

Postby sschow1 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:30 pm

It seems that somehow when i installed updates for Syntronik, I ended up with duplicate content, under category Syntronik FREE. Is there some way to remove the FREE version of Syntronik, I just want the normal std version that I bought and I definitely do not want duplicate sample content.
sschow1

Re: Duplicate Syntronik Free content?

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:34 am

So that we understand correctly, can you post a few screenshots showing a particular duplicate or two? And let us know the full path to those files, as seen in Explorer / Finder.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby sschow1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:10 pm

when I install Syntronik some free content is installed and in Sampletank it will show up as
"Syntronik Free" section, and has a few patches from each synth, which must be repeats of what is also contained under my paid content sections for each synth...

I cannot figure out how to post images on this forum to show you.

1. I do not even want to SEE a syntronik free section, if its nothing other then duplicates of some of the better patches that are under my paid-for synths.
  2. I have no way of knowing whether these "free" presets are taking up additional HD drive space for duplicate samples, but if so, I don't want them to.
sschow1

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:51 pm

How to post images on this forum (thread in General Discussions): viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432

Note that currently you should use secure https:// links
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sschow1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:04 pm

here are images then representing my question

But now I see that the free presets are not duplicates per say...even worse...they are paired down versions of what my full content is...

Same question, how can I get rid of the free section. Its absolutely stupid to have to look in two different places for synth patches...
sschow1

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:11 pm

sschow1 wrote:here are images then representing my question

But now I see that the free presets are not duplicates per say...even worse...they are paired down versions of what my full content is...

Same question, how can I get rid of the free section. Its absolutely stupid to have to look in two different places for synth patches...

To delete these sounds, go into your DISK PATH for SampleTank 3. This location can be found in your Settings (Cog wheel in the upper right hand corner). Once in your DISK PATH in a Finder window you will see the following folders. These include the 'Syntronik Free' sounds. As you own Syntronik you can delete these files/folders.

-Instruments
-Samples
-Library Info
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby sschow1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:14 pm

I see. So i can just delete the st3i files and the actual samples are not duplicated, just the presets?
sschow1

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:17 pm

sschow1 wrote:I see. So i can just delete the st3i files and the actual samples are not duplicated, just the presets?

In this case, both the samples and instruments files/folders for 'Syntronik Free' can be deleted. The *.st3i files will be your "Instruments" files and the *.pak files will be for your samples.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby sschow1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:19 pm

Roger that...

Can I confirm that all of the presets and samples in the "free" section" are either duplicates or less-quality versions of the same things found elsewhere under the full content, before I delete them all?
sschow1

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:26 pm

While both libraries can coexist, you should be okay to delete your 'Syntronik Free' sounds, as these sounds can be found in 'Syntronik' (Paid). If you like any particular sounds from the free version. Feel free to hold onto these and delete all other sounds you do not need or will not use for organizational purposes.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:57 pm

Hmm, I'm not fully convinced.

As an example, from the screenshots, "Syntronik Free / 99" has "Classic EP 3 velos", but this does not appear in the list for "Syntronik 99 / Classic Pianos".
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More