Installing Miroslav Philharmonik 2 affects ST 3 [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Installing Miroslav Philharmonik 2 affects ST 3 [Resolved]

Postby davegrvn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:21 am

Hi.

I hope that some one can help me eliminate a bizarre behaviour in Sampletank 3 when I try to install Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE.

Sampletank 3 is installed on my pc on ‘c’ drive. I have a folder on a separate drive which not only contains Sampletank 3 sounds but a large library of imported Sampletank 2 sounds. All of these sounds appear on the start-up directory of Sampletank 3.

Recently, I’ve tried to install Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE. The program itself is on ‘c’ drive but I put the instrument sounds in another drive location not the same location as the Sampletank 3 sounds.

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 SE installed properly and I’ve linked the sound location to the program but when I open Sampletank 3 it does a rescan of sound file locations and replaces all of the Sampletank 3 sounds and the imported Sampletank 2 sounds with one folder Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE. I can’t get it to import the Sampletank 3 sound folder again.

I’ve tried to uninstall Sampletank 3 and Miroslav Philharmonik 2 SE and then reinstall Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE first followed by Sampletank 3 and it’s the same result - only the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 shows up in Sampletank 3.

When I remove both programs and then reinstall Sampletank 3 all of those original Sampletank 3 sound file locations return to the main menu. So, for now, I’ve deinstalled Miroslav Philharmonik 2.

I suspect the there’s a preference file that I need to remove but I don’t know where to begin doing this.

Anyone have any idea how to stop this thing in Sampletank from happening?

Your help with this is gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave.
davegrvn

Re: Installing Miroslav Philharmonik 2 effects Sampletank 3

Postby garfy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:56 am

Hello davegrvn and welcome to the forum.

I'm pretty sure that the sample based apps from IK (SampleTank, Syntronik, Miroslav) need to share the same folder/drive path. This is to allow all content to be accessible within ST3, as well as the individual specific apps.

Someone with better knowledge may be along to put me straight on this, but I don't think it's a preference issue, it's just how the software runs. Is there a reason why you want the Miroslav content to be in a different place to the rest of Sampletank?

You may get a more definitive answer if you raise a ticket with support on this page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Hope this helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby davegrvn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:49 pm

Hi Garfy.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try to incorporate the whole thing in the same folder.

Best,

- Dave.
davegrvn

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:56 pm

garfy is right.

The two products use the same SampleTank 3 library folder. When the MP2 sounds installer runs it, by default, selects the main ST3 library folder and installs the MP2 instruments and samples into the "Instruments" and"Samples" sub-folders.

The reason for this is so that ST3 can load and use all the MP2 instruments along with its own.

If, during the MP2 install, a different folder is selected, then ST3 will access that folder too. Both products use the same preference setting (in Windows, it is in a Registry entry).

Right now you have ST3 and the library installed and running OK. Install MP2 and the MP2 library, making sure that it references the main ST3 library folder. All should be OK after that.

PS Syntronik does the same thing as MP2, so that ST3 can use the Syntronik instruments too.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby davegrvn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:41 pm

Thanks to you both Dark Star and Garfy.

Now that I know what is going on, I will try installing MP2 into that ST3 folder.

Again, thanks for your help with this.

Best,

- Dave.
davegrvn

Postby davegrvn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:03 am

An update on my re-installation of Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE and installing into the Sampletank 3 Sounds folder.

IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!

Thanks again Garfy and DarkStar!

You help is very much appreciated!

Best,

- Dave.
davegrvn

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:31 am

You're welcome
:)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Installing Miroslav Philharmonik 2 affects ST 3 [Resolve

Postby garfy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:51 am

Glad you're all sorted :D
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Installing Miroslav Philharmonik 2 affects ST 3 [Resolve

Postby Sinclvire » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:27 am

Hello all,
I can't seem to get Philhoarmoik 2 pull up the instruments, when I open the Plug - in in fl studio.
I have Windows for my operating system. So far I've downloaded the plug-in authorized it with the authorization manager, that file and the plug-in file are in the vst file for FL studio. The problem I run in to is when I try to install the sounds in to the folder where the VST is located, it says information cannot be absorbed. Although the sounds aren't installing(application) the "Sound Content" files for all 3 sound contents you download on the site with the plug in are in the Philharmonik file I mentioned earlier. Aside from the issues with the sounds, the plug-in uploads in the Fl Studio DAW, once again it's just the sounds do not. I've done everything from deleting the downloads and plug-in itself and reinstalling it and run into the same issue! I hope my problem makes sense and that you guys can help!
Many thanks
Sinclvire

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More