Soundtank drum loop recording on Logic X Pro

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Soundtank drum loop recording on Logic X Pro

Postby mdc1mdc11 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:02 pm

MacOS 10.13.4,
Logic Pro X 10.4.1
Sampletank Custom Shop 3.7.2

I having problems recording SampleTank drum loops on Logic Pro X, however when the recording button is selected on Logic pro...the timeline on that track advances but no recording. Not sure if I have a setup problem, but here is what I am doing and any tips our pointers to setup and operation would be helpful.

- created a logic pro track as software instrument, instrument=SampleTank 3, output=output1-2
- select the logic pro channel track pulldown for SampleTank 3, SampleTanks 3 window pops up
- select instrument tab and a bunch of drum grooves, hit key to start drum groove, see activity on the Logic instrument track.
- prime the track with recording button.
- select recording button but nothing records and no typical visual evidence of a recorded track that can be played back.

Mark
mdc1mdc11

Re: Soundtank drum loop recording on Logic X Pro

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu May 31, 2018 6:24 pm

Hey Mark,

Thanks for your post!

While I would suggest working with our Technical Support Team for some help here. I do have some comments which may help in the meantime. If you do need any extra help on any of these topics. Reach out to our Technical Support Team here.

Now, to start I do want to point out SampleTank 3 will allow Multi-Channel MIDI input and allow Multi-Channel audio output. This means if you are trying to record the audio output of SampleTank 3. Make sure you have routed this audio to another track designed for audio inside of Logic Pro X.

From what it sounds like, you are playing back a MIDI 'Pattern' in SampleTank 3 from the 'Patterns' list, and you wish to record this MIDI Pattern inside of Logic Pro X. The easiest way to get these MIDI Patterns from SampleTank 3 into Logic Pro X. Would be to click and drag these either from the 'Pattern' list, or from the 'Pattern/Loop' section for the ''Part' you are using, into the Logic Pro X 'Editor' window. The Pattern/Loop section for your Part will be found in the 'Patterns' tab of SampleTank 3.

*Loading your MIDI Patterns into the currently loaded Part will allow you to quantize this MIDI file, change the KEY, or alter the 'Intensity' (or overall Velocity) of this file.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More