New Harddrive, SampleTank 2.5 "Not Authorized" [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

New Harddrive, SampleTank 2.5 "Not Authorized" [Resolved]

Postby kriswx » Mon May 28, 2018 1:58 am

I recently cloned my harddrive to a new one. When the transfer was complete, I noticed that when using the new harddrive, SampleTank 2.5 keeps popping up annoying messages saying that the 10 day grace period has expired and to authorize the software through Authorization Manager. I go to Authorization Manager and apply the codes and it authorized the software. I go back to open up SampleTank 2.5, and it still has the annoying popup telling me that the software is not authorized (which is fake news since the product was authorized). Is this a registry issue? Will I have to unistall and reinstall ST 2.5?

Also noticed the audio of my samples during playback on ST 2.5 was cutting out when this problem occurred. Not sure if there's a connection.

What can I do? :)

Thanks,
Krissy
kriswx

Re: New Harddrive, SampleTank 2.5 "Not Authorized"

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 28, 2018 2:25 pm

Hello kriswx and welcome to the forum.

Using a new drive is detected by the software as a "different" computer, hence the need for re-authorization. But once you have done that you should be OK (as long as the Authorisation Manager is saving the authorization to disk / Registry / wherever).

The best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help. And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know how it gets resolved.

If you ever run out of Authorizations, contact Support with the details. all things being reasonable, they will assign you some more / reset the authorization count. So, don't' worry.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: New Harddrive, SampleTank 2.5 "Not Authorized"

Postby kriswx » Mon May 28, 2018 5:14 pm

That makes sense, DarkStar! I looked through my programs and saw that SampleTank Free wasn't listed. I went to reinstall the software and re-authorized, and like magic it ended up getting rid of the popup saying that my "10 day grace period had expired", and my settings stayed put too. I hope it stays this way. The audio clipping and dropouts have stopped too, the sound plays smoothly. :)

Thanks for the tip about authorizations too!

Quite happy now that things are working again, and I can also use my new version of Sonar with my gear. Solid state drives kick butt. :)
kriswx

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More