Deleted Sampletank 3 but audio plug still there somewhere

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Deleted Sampletank 3 but audio plug still there somewhere

Postby s.rudolph » Tue May 15, 2018 2:41 pm

hi.
I deleted my sample tank 3 version on my Mac, but when i start GarageBand it is having a problem with the SampleTank audio unit and either gets stuck in loading Plug=ins.. or it just complains about the Sampletank plug and starts ok.

i went into my Library->audio>plugin > component folder and deleted something there but the problem still exists . I tried to locate a similar folder under my USERS directory.. but i can't find anything there.

There must be a residual file somewhere on my Mac but i can't find it...
(one suggestion was to delete ALL my plug=ins and re-install them.. but i since i am not using Sampletank.. i dont see the point (nor want to) delete all my plugins.

thanks
s.rudolph

Re: Deleted Sampletank 3 but audio plug still there somewher

Postby garfy » Tue May 15, 2018 3:28 pm

The installer package comes with an Uninstaller as well. You could try that to see if it hunts down whatever residual is left over, but if you've already trashed some of the components I don't know how successful that will be.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Deleted Sampletank 3 but audio plug still there somewher

Postby s.rudolph » Wed May 16, 2018 3:26 pm

ahh...
maybe i will install it again.. maybe the new installation will fix whatever Apple was complaining about...

thanks
steve :)
s.rudolph

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More