SampleTank3 - Failed to load instrument - Issue

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank3 - Failed to load instrument - Issue

Postby l.priami » Fri May 11, 2018 7:43 am

Hi to All!
I have a problem with instruments and since hours and hours I havn't found any solution.
I run my Windows 8.1 64, downloaded my SampleTank 3.7.3 the first time (I have just bought a iRig 49), I downloaded Sound_Content_Part, downloaded Sound Library update 3.5.

First I installed SampleTank3- no issue, and no instruments.
Then I installed (using the installer inside the unzipped folder) Sound_Content_Part, then I saw only drums kit, ant they works fine. But not other instruments.
Then I installed (using the installer inside the unzipped folder) the 3.5 update. It does not add any instrument into the folder:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Instruments\
So I tried to add it manually directly in this folder.
Then the SampleTank3 start to "build instruments" and finally I saw them. But when I try to recall one instrument an ERROR appear saying "Failed to load instrument".
This is really boring after hours and hours of attempts and it is inconceivable how IK can not make a procedure simpler and more effective.
I hope anyone could help me, thanks!
l.priami

Re: SampleTank3 - Failed to load instrument - Issue

Postby DarkStar » Fri May 11, 2018 11:08 am

There are several (8?) "Sound_Content_Part" downloads - it is a drop-down list (and you will see the part numbers. You need to download each one, unZip it and run the contained installer program.

I do not know whether you then need to run the 3.5 Sound Update after that.

Then start ST3 (standalone program is easiest), go to its Settings and set its MIDI input and audio outputs, then browse to the "SampleTank 3" folder, select it and let it rebuild its cache database.Then all the instruments should be available.

If not, then click the "Rebuild" button (the circular arrow icon at the bottom of the ST3 Browser).

(Copied from your other post.)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby l.priami » Fri May 11, 2018 12:06 pm

Thanks DarkStar,
Actually I had only seen the first one...sorry.
I'm downloading the others.

Do you think the 3.5 update is not necessary?
Thanks,
l.priami

Postby DarkStar » Fri May 11, 2018 12:12 pm

^^^
Not sure. In your position I would check the "Date modified" of the files in the update with those in the main library folders. If newer, then run the update installer.

(Some users have said that the main downloads already include the updates, others have the contrary view).

To help, others, let us know what you find.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More