Mirislav Philharmonic 2 installer issues

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Mirislav Philharmonic 2 installer issues

Postby machines23 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:12 am

OK I bought the upgrade to MP2 at 2:30PM, it's 5:30PM and I'm just about halfway through installing it... On OSX anyway, you have to manually open and go through the dialogue to instal all 17 .dmg files. The initial installer is not a trusted developer on OSX, right click to install etc. It also OSX has to verify every single dmg file, this takes minutes for each one on top of the whole process. It's looking like 5 hours to install a sample library. NI Komplete Ultimate at ten times the content doesn't take as long.

Please, for the sake of your customers, fix your installer on OSX. :x
machines23

Re: Mirislav Philharmonic 2 installer issues

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:55 am

Yep, I feel your pain on that one.

With the multiple *.DMGs for IK products I tell OSX to open them all at the same time and then go and do something else more constructive (like the washing up!) and let it chunter away by itself.

However, the install can only be one at a time. The only upside is that if something fails, you know you only have to start again at that particular *.DMG rather than go back to the beginning (which has happened to me on a large Kontakt library).

Technology eh :roll:
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More