Updated to ST3 3.7.3 and now it won't load

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Updated to ST3 3.7.3 and now it won't load

Postby jeffcecil » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:07 pm

Anyone else have a problem where updating to 3.7.3 caused it to completely stop working. It won't even start in standalone mode. If I try to add it as a plugin, any host I try it in crashes.
There are no crash logs. In standalone, nothing happens. It never starts a GUI and no process ever shows up in task manager. All the dlls look like they are in the correct places. Not sure what else to try. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I even went back to 3.7. Didn't help.

I'll open a ticket, but thought I'd check to see if anyone else has seen this and knows of a quick fix.
jeffcecil

Re: Updated to ST3 3.7.3 and now it won't load

Postby EscapeRocks » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:14 am

I am having the same issue. MAC OSX. It crashes AU Validation.

I won't open in stand alone. This has caused my Syntronik to not load. I get a "database build error...please choose proper library location and rescan. I make sure it's pointed properly, and it still crashes.
EscapeRocks

Postby jeffcecil » Wed May 02, 2018 3:28 pm

EscapeRocks wrote:I am having the same issue. MAC OSX. It crashes AU Validation.

I won't open in stand alone. This has caused my Syntronik to not load. I get a "database build error...please choose proper library location and rescan. I make sure it's pointed properly, and it still crashes.

All other ik things are working for me, including the Custom Shop. I get nothing from ST3. The process doesn't even start.
jeffcecil

Postby EscapeRocks » Wed May 02, 2018 7:34 pm

Jeff,
I just had success getting ST3 3.7.3, and Syntronik 1.2 working on my 2016 Macbook Pro.

For whatever reason, unlike my 2013 MBP, they don't like being in the default /users/name/shared/sampletank 3/instruments folder.

I simply moved all the sound, sample, and instrument files over to /documents/sampletank 3/......

Then I launched ST3 and pointed it to the proper library folder, and did the same with Syntronik.

Now all my instruments for both show up.
Hope this helps you troubleshoot.
EscapeRocks

Postby DarkStar » Thu May 03, 2018 10:21 am

Can you both report this issue to IK Multimedia Support so that they can investigate:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More