SampleTank 3 - no instruments

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 3 - no instruments

Postby benito.h » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:30 pm

I bought an Irigkeys and downloaded Sampletank 3 and registreted it with the authorization manager. However when I open Sampletank I don't have any instruments.

Can somebody help me with this please ?

Thanks !
benito.h

Re: Sampletank

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:34 pm

Hello Benito.h and welcome to the forum.

You need to download/install the additional sounds separately.

Click on Sounds Downloads under SampleTank in your user area and you'll find the numbered files "SampleTank 3 Sound Content" and a download button, depending on whether you are on Windows or Mac OSX.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby kahlee2u » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:20 am

I think there may be an issue with the down loader. All of my content was gone when I updated to the new version. Luckily I had backup content to restore but there is definitely something going on with this update.
kahlee2u

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:26 am

kahlee2u wrote:I think there may be an issue with the down loader. All of my content was gone when I updated to the new version. Luckily I had backup content to restore but there is definitely something going on with this update.

I haven't seen that reported, I suggest that you contact IK Support to report issues like this in the future so they can troubleshoot.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby benito.h » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:37 pm

garfy wrote:Hello Benito.h and welcome to the forum.

Click on Sounds Downloads under SampleTank in your user area and you'll find the numbered files "SampleTank 3 Sound Content" and a download button, depending on whether you are on Windows or Mac OSX.

Hope that helps.

Thx man !

I Imported all the sounds but everytime I load an instrument I receive an error message...
benito.h

Postby garfy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:41 pm

benito.h wrote:I Imported all the sounds but everytime I load an instrument I receive an error message...

What does the error message say?

Did you import or did you install?
garfy

Postby benito.h » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:43 am

garfy wrote:
benito.h wrote:I Imported all the sounds but everytime I load an instrument I receive an error message...

What does the error message say?

Did you import or did you install?

Failed to load instrument...

After downloading all the sounds I imported them by clicking on the " Import legacy Instruments" tab. I can see all the imported sounds on Sampletank but I just can't use them

Thanks for your help
benito.h

Postby garfy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:17 pm

benito.h wrote:
After downloading all the sounds I imported them by clicking on the " Import legacy Instruments" tab. I can see all the imported sounds on Sampletank but I just can't use them

Right, that's the bit that's incorrect then. These are not legacy instruments but the actual content and need to be installed in the correct place.

You don't say whether you are Windows or OSX, but when you downloaded the sound content and unzipped, you should have seen an installer app and a folder of Sound Content. Using the installer would have placed the sound data in the correct place for SampleTank to see it.

You could now go and correctly install the software so you can use SampleTank but, as I've never done it, I wouldn't like to suggest how you go about "un-importing the legacy instruments" to clear them off your hard drive. It might be a simple case of just deleting the files, but then again it might not.

Unless someone drops in here with a method of how to do this, I would suggest that your best route would be to contact official IK support and raise a ticket so they can guide you through the process. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Sorry I couldn't help further.
garfy

Postby benito.h » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:00 pm

garfy wrote:
benito.h wrote:

Right, that's the bit that's incorrect then. These are not legacy instruments but the actual content and need to be installed in the correct place.

You don't say whether you are Windows or OSX, but when you downloaded the sound content and unzipped, you should have seen an installer app and a folder of Sound Content. Using the installer would have placed the sound data in the correct place for SampleTank to see it.

You could now go and correctly install the software so you can use SampleTank but, as I've never done it, I wouldn't like to suggest how you go about "un-importing the legacy instruments" to clear them off your hard drive. It might be a simple case of just deleting the files, but then again it might not.

Unless someone drops in here with a method of how to do this, I would suggest that your best route would be to contact official IK support and raise a ticket so they can guide you through the process. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Sorry I couldn't help further.

Oke I had indeed some troubles with the sound content app so that might be the problem.

Thank a lot for the help !
benito.h

Re: SampleTank 3 - no instruments

Postby garfy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:02 pm

No probs. I hope you get it sorted out.
garfy

Postby chriscates » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:51 pm

I'm having the same issue. I've put in a ticket as well.
chriscates

Postby gabriele.gabbi » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Hope that helps.

Hello, I have the same problem as Benito (I have pc with Windows 10): I couldn't see any instrument so I downloaded sampletank sound content and tried to import them but it doesn't work, can anybody suggest a step by step process?
gabriele.gabbi

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:32 pm

gabriele.gabbi wrote:

Hope that helps.

Hello, I have the same problem as Benito (I have pc with Windows 10): I couldn't see any instrument so I downloaded sampletank sound content and tried to import them but it doesn't work, can anybody suggest a step by step process?

You don't import them. You would download the sound library installers (multiple files in the dropdown under "Sound Downloads" in your IK User Area --> My Products -> SampleTank 3). Then you unzip/expand each and run the installer for each.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gabriele.gabbi » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Hello,I downloaded sound content and have all instruments on my desktop now. how to get them on my sample tank now?
gabriele.gabbi

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:16 am

gabriele.gabbi wrote:Hello,I downloaded sound content and have all instruments on my desktop now. how to get them on my sample tank now?

You need to run the installer that is in each of the zip/dmg files.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More