SampleTank 3 - no instruments

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

[RESOLVED] Re: SampleTank 3 - no instruments

Postby sergeyvasill » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi, guys.

I just received a new IRig as birthday present, downloaded and installed SampleTank and also downloaded, unpacked using Keka Sound Content.
After installation I see a set of instruments. Some of them I can load and use - for example Grand Piano, but for most of them during the loading process I receive error message: "Failed to load instrument: path to instrument .st3i file".
I checked - all files are present.
Hope that someone knows how to fix this problem.

Sorry, understood that I didn't download second part of Sound Content. Now problem is solved.
Thank you.
sergeyvasill

Re: SampleTank 3 - no instruments

Postby gonczi » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:06 am

I am having a similar issue. After upgrading to the latest st3, downloaded the 8 zip files of the
St3 sound content. Unzipped them and installed them on an ssd created a new directory for them called st3.

Installed there. Pointed st3 at \st3\sounds ( via the settings) and let it import the instruments.
Spun its wheels for 10 minutes apparently importing.. All menuy selections show up but most acttal instruments do not show up. have a keyboard icon: "sampletank 3 free" with a multi level instrument selection menu in it. But most of those menu selections are empty.

Example:

From Zip #2:
03 bass
001_p_bass
Finger flat-Wound
All the ST3I files are not showing up in st3
looking in the subdirctory, there are 3 st3i files there
Motown P bass 1, Morown P bass 2, and P bass finger flatw

Under Finger Round -Wound, one selectable instrument show up:
P basss Finger.

There are supposed to be 6 st3i files here..

What gives? Are these just decoys ( Like, the was majority if the instrument in these archives
do install but not really included? This is annoying. Either buggy or the worst, confusing tease I have ever seen. If the missing instruments are not included ( e.g. have r to be separately licensed) the least you could do is show them grayed out.
I would still be annoyed but for a different reason.
gonczi

Postby gonczi » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:12 am

so there are no upright basses at all. I find it hard to believe the St sound library would not have _any_? There are instruments under sampletank free. but I did purchased a fulk version of st3
Allegedly it comes with those 8 archives full of instruments or does it not?
gonczi

Postby gonczi » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:53 am

Ah I figured it out. After installing the 8 instrument archives, I was like, nah...they are not shipping obsolete format sounds..no way...that would be unthinkably sloppy. But I was desperate so gave it a shot. Guess what...

After running the spund library updater, Auth Manager popped up on its own, asked for the serialz ( again). Having jumped through some hoops, all instruments are there now.

I find it hard to believe that the sound library as downloaded does not work with the current rev of the product. How about IKMedia should run whatever tweak is necessary, and provide libraries
that actually work out of the box with the 3.7 product? Apparently this is not a computational impossibility, as there is and upgrade process, i just run it... Or at least provide some warning that these libraries need to be updated for 3.5+
gonczi

Postby l.priami » Fri May 11, 2018 7:39 am

Hi to All!
I have the same problem with instruments and since hours and hours I havn't found any solution.
I run my Windows 8.1 64, downloaded my SampleTank 3.7.3 the first time (I have just bought a iRig 49), I downloaded Sound_Content_Part, downloaded Sound Library update 3.5.

First I installed SampleTank3- no issue, and no instruments.
Then I installed (using the installer inside the unzipped folder) Sound_Content_Part, then I saw only drums kit, ant they works fine. But not other instruments.
Then I installed (using the installer inside the unzipped folder) the 3.5 update. It does not add any instrument into the folder
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Instruments\
So I tried to add it manually directly in this folder.
Then the SampleTank3 start to "build instruments" and finally I saw it. But when I try to recall one instrument an ERROR appear saying "Failed to load instrument".
This is really boring after hours and hours of attempts and it is inconceivable how IK can not make a procedure simpler and more effective.
l.priami

Postby DarkStar » Fri May 11, 2018 11:07 am

There are several (8?) "Sound_Content_Part" downloads - it is a drop-down list (and you will see the part numbers. You need to download each one, unZip it and run the contained installer program.

I do not know whether you then need to run the 3.5 Sound Update after that.

Then start ST3 (standalone program is easiest), go to its Settings and set its MIDI input and audio outputs, then browse to the "SampleTank 3" folder, select it and let it rebuild its cache database.Then all the instruments should be available.

If not, then click the "Rebuild" button (the circular arrow icon at the bottom of the ST3 Browser).

(Copied into your other thread, too.)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby gonczi » Fri May 11, 2018 8:29 pm

For 3.7 the sound content apparently installed for me ( menu items did show up in standalone st3) and some new sound content I recently bought (the new American Acoustic instruments) installed and worked fine. But the 7 packs of st3 instruments were mostly not loadable ( the actual instrument files were missing under the menu selections). with a few exceptions.
After the install, I could see the sti files in the target directories, they just would not
show up in st3,

I tried installing multiple times, and had no luck until I run the 3.5 sound library updater.
So my conclusion is, the bulk of the st3 sound content is shipped in an older, incompatible format. If you are having similar problems, give the updater a shot.
gonczi

Postby ricardofranco0 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:05 pm

SampleTank ERROR Failed to load instrument.
The Software only works with my IRIG 37 keys? I bought it but don't use it only My Yamaha and it don't work on my Mac I don't tested with my Irig Pro 37, Im going to do it.
Thanks for a Reply.
ricardofranco0

Postby DarkStar » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:52 pm

ST3 works with all sorts of MIDI keyboards. It is not tied to the iRig keyboards.

Make sure that you have installed the software and all the Sounds Library files. They are separate installers. When installed, check the SampleTank 3 library folder and the Instruments and Samples sub-folders. You should see the instrument-definition files (.st3i file extension) in sub-folders within Instruments and similarly-named sample files (.pak file extension) in sub-folders within Samples.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby ricardofranco0 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:51 pm

DarkStar. Thanks for Reply.
I don't see nothing inside Sample Folder, The instruments its all there and the Library Info Folder have the paks but inside the Samples folder don't have anything.
I don't known what I must do.
I thank you very much but the problem has not been solved
Best Regards
Ricardo
ricardofranco0

Postby DarkStar » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:55 am

Thank you for the info.

The Sounds Library sample files are missing. When you install the software those "instrument-definition" files (with the st3i file extension) are also installed. That is why you can see them in the ST3 Browser.

But, those files contain references to the samples files. They must be installed too. Are they included on Disk with the keyboard? If not, then download them from your User Area / My Products / SampleTank 3 / Sounds Downloads. There are several in a drop-down list - get them all. Make a back-up copy too, in case you need them later (they are available for download for 180 days after registration, after which a Download Reactivation fee is payable, for a further 180 days availability))

Then install them all. Check the Samples folder to see that they are there. Then run ST3 and rebuild the cache database by clicking the circular arrow button at the bottom of the ST3 Browser.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Mwie » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:34 am

Hello my friends,

I have encountered problems with installing the instruments too. It seems to have been a different problem, then for some of you, but maybe some of you have the same problem that I have. For my problem I have figured out the solution.

After downloading the sound content it was simply named:

zero
zero (1)
zero (2)
zero (3) .. and so on

There was no clue as to what kind of file it is. Importing the files to the right directory was useless, because SampleTank was not able to handle or recognize the file!

It was actually this Thread that gave me the clue.. "download it, then unzip it". But it actually wasn't a Zip, remember?

So this is what I did.. : I renamed the files:

zero.zip
zero (1).zip
zero (2).zip
zero (3).zip .. and so on.

I unzipped the newly created zip and tadaa! Out of it came both a folder with SampleTank 3 Sound Content and an Installer.

So this is how you do it folks! Happy to help.

cheers Mwie
Mwie

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More