Sampletank causes Protools to crash

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank causes Protools to crash

Postby nyjdams » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:12 am

Hi - I hope someone has some practical tips here.

I'm now absolutely certain that ST is causing ProTools to crash when I shut PT down. This happens whether I save first and close the session and then quit PT or whether I just 'command-Q' to save and exit in one move. I get 'pro tools quit unexpectedly'. If I remove the sampletank instance the problem goes away. I can't say if it happens with any sample, but it does with grand piano.

I'm running Yosemite and ProTools 11.

Anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?
nyjdams

Re: Sampletank causes Protools to crash

Postby DarkStar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:28 am

Hello nyjdams and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear about that problem. While other users may post here, please report the problem, with all the details, to IIK Support, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
so that they can investigate.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby nyjdams » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:58 pm

Just in case anyone else has this challenge - I fixed it by going back to version 3.6.7, now it's behaving normally again
nyjdams

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:09 pm

It would still be best to report to IK Support so they can recreate, troubleshoot, send to devs if necessary, so you can get to the latest version which is always recommended.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nyjdams » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:18 pm

I did - I've been in a long correspondence with them :)
nyjdams

Postby dms777 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:28 am

Was there ever any meaningful resolution to this? Same thing going on for me. Sampletank 3 (7.1 then 7.3) crashes PT11 when closing a session on Mac 10.9.5

Sampletank 4 works but loading anything is too slow to be really useful. I can't readily find 3.6.7 to try the workaround (also worried that there might be a conflict with newer sounds).

dms777

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:02 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

This thread is over 2 years old so it is unlikely that your problem is exactly the same.

After ST4 has loaded (I think it builds is content databases at that stage) it should load instruments OK (some are pretty big though).

And you can find the downloads for previous releases if you click the [Past Releases] button in your User Area / my Products / SampleTank 3

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby dms777 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:36 pm

Thanks for the good word, DarkStar (Hey Talby, I think I figured out a way!)

I'd been looking at the 'Sampletank 3 Total Studio Max' entry on the My Products screen which ends it's Past Releases list at 3.7.1. I was able to find the 3.6.7 download under the standard ST3 entry and it solved the problem. It's an old version of Pro Tools on an old OS on an older Mac, so I suspect my issues are rooted in that more than any gremlin in the IK code.

For the record, I misspoke. ST4 actually loads instruments in a very reasonable amount of time, it's navigating the search chain that puts me in Mac "pinwheel" land. Again, given the age of my setup, I've got no bones.

Thanks Again! :)
dms777

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:07 pm

Good oh! :)

Try using the Library / Categories and Filters filters in the Brwoser. Or, the Search fiel if you know the name.

Or switch to the Browser's Folder view (that may take some itme) and brwose the folder and sub-folders.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More