Miroslav 2 CE problems!!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav 2 CE problems!!

Postby markytorture » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:22 pm

I just bought and downloaded this today. I installed it all, including the sound packages, and as a standalone it works fine. But it doesn't appear in Pro Tools 10 (I'm assuming this is a 64bit/32 bit issue? If so that's probably dealable with). The big problem is that now Pro Tools 12 keeps quitting unexpectedly partway through startup, right about the time when Miroslav Philharmonik appears in the plugin-loading screen. The same thing happened while opening Logic Pro X. Help?

This is all happening on OSX 10.8.5 (as I wanted to keep using PT10 and not lose all my non-AAX plugins).
markytorture

Re: Miroslav 2 CE problems!!

Postby garfy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Hello markytorture and welcome to the forum.

Well, the specs say OSX 10.7 and above so it shouldn’t really be the old OS that’s causing the problem.

markytorture wrote:I'm assuming this is a 64bit/32 bit issue? If so that's probably dealable with

Does this mean you are running your DAWs in 32-bit mode? If so, then yes, that could be the problem as MP2 is 64-bit only.

If your DAWs are running 64-bit, then you could temporarily move the plugin component out of the components folder to confirm that it is MP2 causing the problem when starting your DAW. If PT/LPX opens fine, put the component back and re-open the DAWs. If they fail to open again, then it’s probably worth logging a ticket with IK Support here http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Miroslav 2 CE problems!!

Postby markytorture » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:14 am

Thanks garfy!

As far as I'm aware, PT10 is 32-bit only. I believe PT12 is 64-bit, but I'll double check that I'm not accidentally running a 64 bit version. Thanks for the advice, I'll run through those steps. Fingers crossed!

-Marky
markytorture

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More