There is Save my Multi. Where is Load my multi?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

There is Save my Multi. Where is Load my multi?

Postby Andrew_G » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:44 pm

Hello,
Just started to study the SampleTank 3 UI...
I defined Midi settings, preferences, created a multi with 5 patches, saved everything using a Save As command under MULTI tab, and exited SampleTank. The file is saved with extension "st3m".

Now, there is no command for reading this file!?

Sorry if this is too trivial question, but I already spent a few hours trying to figure out how to restore the saved SampleTank status...
I have a Win64 version of SampleTank.
Andrew_G

Re: There is Save my Multi. Where is Load my multi?

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:09 pm

Check that you saved the Multi into (a folder within) ST3's Multis folder - then it will automatically be listed in the Multis tab of ST3's Browser.

Here, the folder is: L:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Multis.

You may need to rebuild the cache database (click the circular arrow button).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Andrew_G » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:24 am

Thanks for the prompt reply DarkStar. I have another question about the UI, so any help will be appreciated. Reading available docs still does not help.

Specifically, this is a live-performance question: Given a multi with defined channels 1-5 for Piano, Strings, Flute etc., and a MIDI keyboard, how can I trigger the playable channel without complex UI actions that entail stopping the performance?

What will stop (and, actually, kill) the performance: a need to touch computer mouse or enter complex words from a computer keyboard.

What will not stop the performance: a need to press some (probably learned) MIDI keyboard button or (still better) a computer keyboard key.
Andrew_G

Postby Andrew_G » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:45 pm

UPDATE: According to the following, switching between different Multis is simpler:

Peter_IK wrote:You can switch between Multis on the Live tab of the Play page. This is covered in section 3.5 of the SampleTank 3 User Manual.

Now the question is how to trigger Multis in a live setting, without stopping the performance.
Andrew_G

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:09 pm

They can be selected by sending Program Change (PC) messages from your MIDI controller hardware. Looking at the example in 3.5 in the User Manual:
-- the Set List "Downtown Club Gig" has 8 or more SOngs in it; each song has one of more Multis
-- you select the Song by sending a PC message to ST3 (eg PC 032 for "Song for Pablo")
-- at this stage, all the samples for all the Multis in the Song are loaded from disk - that may take some time (try it and see),
-- once the Song is loaded, you select the Multi by sending a PC message to ST3 (eg PC 034 for "Burning B3s"
-- at this stage, all the samples for the Multi are already in memory - so the selection should be fast.

All you need to do is build the Set List and work out how to quickly send PC messages from your controller.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Andrew_G » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Thanks again DarkStar, everything is clear. I had a hope this is possible by pressing a prepared computer keyboard button; now I see that such a message should be sent immediately from the MIDI keyboard.

Kind regards,
Andrew
Andrew_G

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More