Syntronik midi learn issue

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik midi learn issue

Postby stairworks » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:07 pm

I'm using an Oxygen 49 midi controller with syntronik and I have used the midi learn feature but it doesn't work on all of the synths.
Do I have to use midi learn for each different synth?
I thought it was working on all before.
The other issue I'm having is trying to use midi learn on #C17 knob on the Oxygen 49 to control the "release" in the envelope filter section. It will map to the #C17 knob but it also keeps scrolling through the presets at the same time. How can I correct this?

Thanks
stairworks

Re: Syntronik midi learn issue

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Yes, you will need to do the MIDI learn for each instrument. Also "Note that the MIDI CC assignments are stored with the Multi, not with the Instrument, in order to avoid conflicts
when multiple Instruments are combined in a Multi."

As for CC#17, I was able to MIDI Learn it to an FX knob. But I do not see a "release" in the Env. Filter FX. Which presets are being scrolled through, for you? If you meant Instruments have a look at settings in the Settings/Remote window (User Guide 2.1.4)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby stairworks » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:45 pm

Thank you for your quick reply Darkstar.
So, you need to map all of the midi learn knobs and sliders the same for each synth to avoid conflict? Or are you saying you should only midi learn when using multis?

Sorry, but I'm still trying to figure out all of this midi stuff. I can't seem to find any documentation explaining how this stuff works.

Yes, I meant the instruments. When I assign that one knob on the Oxy49 (#C17) it moves the "Release" control but also scrolls through the instrument list at the same time.

I took a screen shot of the interface to show you the knob I was trying to map but I don't know how to attach it.
On the OXa synth interface, it's the 5th knob from the left at the bottom under the loudness envelope.
stairworks

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:07 pm

There is no need to apologise. MIDI Learn is described in the Syntronik User Manual - section 4.7.

Anyway, as I understand it: MIDI Learn mappings are saved only in a Multi (and in your DAW host project).

CC#17 - did you check the Syntronik Settings / Remote window? You probably need to change the values there.

As for posting images: http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432. I see the knob you mean - I thought you meant a knob on an FX in the FX rack.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby stairworks » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:33 pm

Thank you for your time and advice, I really appreciate it. I will spend more time with the manual.
stairworks

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More