A few Questions From a Newbie

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

A few Questions From a Newbie

Postby zuro33 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:34 am

Hi Everybody.

I'm Totally Newbie here, i just buy a mini Irig Keys just for fun but I want to learn. I have a few questions:

1. It is possible to record my sounds?, I using Sample Tank 3 SE for MAC, But I don't see a record button.

2. It is Possible to play a Loop in one channel and use my Irig Mini in other Channel at the same time separately (without affecting the loop channel).

3. The Sample Tank SE Pad mode its the same pad mode in Ipad or have different options?

4. How Can I record my own loops that I make with my Irig Keys?

5. Can I remove the sounds stored in "Samples" folder and then, installing again from my zip file without authorize it again?

6. What if I change my mac or something and I need another authorization, like I waste my 10 authorizations, what happens next? I have to buy another product in order to have another authorization? (I'm not planning wasting my 10 authorizations but I have to ask).

7. I download the Sample Tank SE libraries (like 6GB of sounds), so I have like 160 days left in order to download from Ik webpage but, Can I use my zip file everytime I want to? no matter isf that period expires?

Sorry for my bad english and Greetings from Colombia.
zuro33

Re: A few Questions From a Newbie

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:11 pm

Hello zuro33 and welcome to the forum.

First of all, your English is fine and much. much better than my Spanish (?)

A1: Yes, you can record the SampleTank 3 (ST3) sounds (or the MIDI from your keyboard, but you will need a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)plug-in host of some sort. Then you load ST3 as a plug-in within the host and record in the host. As you're on a Mac, I think you have GarageBand there; but there are loads of other hosts available.

A2: That will depend on the functions in GarageBand too.

A3: I do not know, I have not looked at the iPad version.

A4: That will depend on the functions in GarageBand too - look for "recording MIDI".

A5: Yes, if you are careful and know what you're doing, but why bother? It's only disk space.

A6: If you use up all 10 authorizations (which is a lot more than many other software suppliers offer), then contact IK Multimedia Technical Support. If the circumstances are reasonable they will rest or extend your Authorisations limit. So, no problem.

A7: Yes, make sure you back up the downloaded files to an archive disk or two. After the 180 days, if you need to download the sounds library files again, then you'll need to pay for a Download Reactivation Credit. So, back them up!
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More