Syntronik Free can't find samples in SampleTank 3 location

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik Free can't find samples in SampleTank 3 location

Postby lsaudio » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:18 pm

Syntronik Free was running fine until I installed Total Studio Max and located the SampleTank 3 folder on a separate partition than the one containing Mac OS. Now when I run Syntronic Free it asks for the location of its samples, saying that they have to be in the same location used for SampleTank 3. But when I direct Syntronik to look there, it finds no samples. The SampleTank 3 folder shows Syntronik Free in it's Instrument list - but there are no samples in the related sample folder.

I tried re-installing Syntronik Free (1.73 GB or so) which demanded to be installed on the partition running Max OS. But that did not help either.

OH... and now I can't get either SampleTank 3 or Miroslav 2 to show any of their instruments. When I first ran them, before trying to get Syntronik to run, their instruments all loaded into the left side of the plugins. Now there is just an empty area on the left side - no instruments or sounds are shown.

Re-booting did not help. But while I was click the icons at the upper right of the Miroslav plugin, Logic crashed and the next time I ran it SampleTank and Miroslav began re-buiding their databases. Duh!

And now Syntronik is accepting the SampleTank 3 location.

What is that about?
lsaudio

Re: Syntronik Free can't find samples in SampleTank 3 locati

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:21 pm

Syntronik is designed to find its library within a SampleTank 3 library (Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is the same). That way ST3 can load the Syntronik and MP2 instruments as well as its own. All three products look in the same location for their sounds (in Windows, it is stored in a isngle Registry entry).

You first installed Syntronik and its library. That library will be installed in the location you select (e.g L:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3 (on Windows)). After that, ST3 (and the other products) were installed and a different location was selected for its sounds library.

Then, when Syntronik (or MP2) starts it looks in the ST3 library location and does not find them there (they are still in the original location) hence the problem.

You might try this (if you are confident about doing it):
-- move the folders and files in the original (Syntronik) library location into their equivalent folders in the SampleTank 3 location.
-- move the folders and files in the original (Miroslav Philharmonik 2) library location into their equivalent folders in the SampleTank 3 location.
-- in each standalone program (ST3, MP2 and Syntronik), set the library location to the SampleTank 3 library and rebuild the cache database.
(That's what I would do.)

If you are not 100% happy about doing that then please contact Support, here,
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help. And, to help out others with a similar problem, let us know how you resolved the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More