Syntronik Polyphony - and other Questions.

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Syntronik Polyphony - and other Questions.

Postby f_weldon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:58 am

Support may need a complete problem project file, saved from your host, to see why the Syntronik settings are not saved.

Do you mean: Pro Tools Cloud? - i.e.: Avid Knowledge Base Pro Tools Cloud: What is the difference between a Pro Tools session and a Project?

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/faq/What-is-the-difference-between-a-Pro-Tools-session-and-a-Project

Thanks
f_weldon

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:54 pm

^^^^
Nope, I jut mean a Pro Tool session file (the DAWs I am used to use the term "project").
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby f_weldon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:20 am

Hello,

It seems they are not listening to me - and I have sent a letter (hard copy) to their superiors detailing every event that has happened - especially the: 'Syntronik Free' problem (where I have the wrong serial number allocated to my product)

For example: If I did not try: 'Syntronik Free' in the first place - It would not be listed in 'My Products'??? And therefore, I would have the correct serial number (which came with the boxed USB), allocated to my product. Am I correct to assume this?

I want the 'Syntronik Free' completely ERASED from 'My Products' - and I want it done today! - I also want my correct serial number - which, I received inside my 'boxed product' being attributed to 'Syntronik' - i.e. The one that I paid for!

I think this 'Syntronik Free' mixup is causing all the problems! - Therefore, I am requesting they completely erase it from 'My Products' today! I do not want it there - Please remove it!

There is definitely an issue here and I wish this situation to be resolved. Please....

Thank you

F

*See below

2). I bought Syntronik after trying out the free version (I was very impressed!)... However, after receiving the: USB drive/boxed version - my serial number (which I received with the: USB drive/boxed version) is not the same as the serial number of my product - it is totally different!

...When I 'Authorised' the, 'Authorization Manager' - I expected to see my 'Serial Number' that came with the: USB drive/boxed version - but, instead it has given me a totally different serial number - *WEIRD* - However, it is still working.

For example: When I go to: My Products/Serials/Authorizations

The Serial Number I have at present (Authorization Manager), is attributed to: *SYNTRONIK FREE* :? incidentally, when I go to: My Products, Syntronik/Serials/Authorizations, (THE ONE I PAYED FOR!) the listed SERIAL NUMBER is the same as what came with the: USB drive/boxed version

I find that strange! Surely my Authorisation Manager should show the serial number I received with the: USB drive/boxed version?

Let me try to explain more:

* I receive serial number in boxed USB

* I authorise Syntronik (Authorization Manager). i.e. 1. insert the USB flash drive and launch the product installer. 2. I use the following Serial Number in the Authorization Manager to authorise my product.

* Go to My Products >Syntronik (the one I paid for) - shows: My boxed serial number, however, when I have the Plug in: Syntronik opened - it shows a totally different serial number in the Authorization Manager - and THIS serial number is attributed to SYNTRONIK FREE! in My Products/Serials/Authorizations :roll: :shock: :?

''For example: If i bought a car - I would expect the 'logbook' to contain the exact 'car registration' as indicated on the car - otherwise I would assume something is not right (imagine if i DID buy the car and I wanted to sell it one day?)'' :?

I bought the 'USB version' for an easy connection - but this seems very strange. Because... the serial number is not my Serial Number. :shock:

I will say it again:

I find that strange! Surely my Authorisation Manager should show the serial number I received with the: USB drive/boxed version?
f_weldon

Postby garfy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:23 pm

I can appreciate how frustrating this is for you, but I’m sure IKM are listening to you. Please bear in mind that this is a user forum and not one used for fault finding and fixing by Support. That is what the ticket system is for. As you can tell, yours is not a problem that other users on the forum have seen before and so you should continue to work with Support.

Have you tried any remedial work Support have suggested after you sent them your ProTools session (remember don’t discuss specifics here). If so, have you replied to the ticket with the outcomes for your system?

With regard to Syntronik Free version being in your My Products, this licence is deposited there for everyone that sets up an IK account. You’ll also notice you have the CS/Free versions of other products there.

Similarly, while it’s possible that your issues are because the licence currently being shown in your Syntronik installation is your Free one, I would find it surprising. As I said in a previous post, mine shows the free licence as well and yet it it runs as expected, albeit in a different DAW and potentially different OS. It would also be more likely to be your issue if the free version had restrictions on what can be saved, like some demo software, but it doesn’t.

Hopefully Support will get to the bottom of your issue quickly, but in the meantime, using the workaround previously discussed is the best way to continue using the software to make music.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby f_weldon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:41 pm

https://imgur.com/QfadqOm CLICK HERE

With regards to the problem on my Syntronik Plugin.

Ever since I have had this piece of equipment, I've spent many hours wondering what the problem was?

I've been on forums and consulted your Technical Department many, many times - trying to sort this out!

The many hours I've spent on this was not only time consuming but extremely frustrating and left me totally exhausted by the whole thing.

I eventually sorted this out by: UNINSTALLING SYNTRONIK FREE, because it cannot co-exist with the full version of Syntronik

'' This is something your Technical People should have known about! '' :shock: :? :(

I did ask originally: '' Do I have to UNINSTALL the Syntronik (Free Version) before initialising the Syntronik Boxed/USB version? ''

The reason I asked:- is because I did not want to initialise the free version (if-you-see-what-I mean!)

But they said I do not need to uninstall the previous version(s) of Syntronik. Because my current version will simply be accessible and ready for use once installed.
They reassured me once all the sound content has been installed, I am ready to go!

Well... It seems I am now FWIW :ugeek:
Last edited by f_weldon on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
f_weldon

Postby garfy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:18 pm

f_weldon wrote:
I eventually sorted this out by: UNINSTALLING SYNTRONIK FREE, because it cannot can't co-exist with the full version of Syntronik

So, just to clarify for anyone else reading this thread with the same issues, you have uninstalled the Syntronik Free application using the Uninstaller that comes as part of the package OR did you just delete the 3 items shown in your uploaded image?

And this has now meant that your ProTools installation will correctly save the state of Syntronik as part of a session file?
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:07 pm

^^^
That's news to me. I did not know that Syntronik Free had to be uninstalled - I thought that you could just enter the Syntronik ("Full") Serial Number into the Authorization Manager.

But I'm glad that you got it sorted out.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:36 pm

That’s why I thought it needed clarification. I was under the impression that the actual application, whether free or full, was identical, only the content was different.

For what it’s worth I did not have to uninstall and have not had any issues.
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:37 pm

You shouldn't have to uninstall the free version, though I'm glad it worked for you. Please report that to tech support as they did give the appropriate response and they can use the information from you to figure out what happened in your case that the uninstall of the free version happened to fix your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby f_weldon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:50 pm

I am uninstalling everything... I am going to start again... I will let you know how it turns out. Updated to Pro Tools 2018.1.0 and High Sierra,10.13.3, yesterday!

If it starts with the same problem again - it's GOING BACK - life's too short!

I will get something else - if it starts playing up again...

btw, Do I have to leave the USB flash drive permanently installed in my computer?
f_weldon

Postby f_weldon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:19 pm

I have reinstalled everything... Now I am getting a prompt saying:

https://imgur.com/a/Bw5Vz

...But, '' I have just done all that - Why is it saying this? ''

I get this message with everything :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll: Help...

(8 hours to download sounds as well) :evil:

The only sound that works is a: A Deep Sweeper?

And there are no Arpeggios listed - Why is it showing me the Syntronik Free version?
https://imgur.com/a/qOW2X

Why is this plugin being so difficult?

Frances Weldon
f_weldon

Postby f_weldon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:56 pm

What have you got to say about that then gang?
f_weldon

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:29 am

This would be something for IK Support to help with directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby f_weldon » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:24 am

I purchased the USB/Boxed version. Do I need to leave the USB permanently plugged into my computer?
f_weldon

Postby f_weldon » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:31 am

No one...

I purchased this *usb/boxed version* for easy access (because I have heard about all the horror stories of trying to install from downloading) but this has turned into a nightmare (literally).

I thought to myself - why don't I just pay extra and buy the usb - thinking all I would have to do: is input the serial code - and I am up-and-running immediately.

However, that doesn't seem to be the case does it? I consider myself to be an intelligent person (Msc) But I just can't seem to follow IKMultimedia instructions - it is like some kind of, cryptic, subliminal, boxed parlour game!

Two months, I have had this (Two Months) - and I have been 'jumping through your hoops' and it still is not working - absolutely unbelievable!

I would have thought you would have some kind of methodical system in place to
circumvent the initial problems I am experiencing, i.e. A troubleshooting routine or a *factory initialisation* to at least get me back to 'square one.'

Surely you must have such a procedure in place; which could be used to 'walk me through the installation procedure' - preferably with diagrammatical representations!

This is starting to become excruciatingly unbearable - and it is making me ill.

One last thing:- I have the *boxed/usb version*. Do I have to have it permanently installed in my computer?

*I keep asking this question and I don't get an answer*?
f_weldon

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More