Sampletank 3 not importing all libraries

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 3 not importing all libraries

Postby AdInfinitum » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:57 pm

I upgraded my MBP and previously had all Sampletank Libraries on an external drive, including SampleMoog, Tron, Sonic Synth and many other libraries.

I'm having difficulty getting Sampletank 3 to import all my libraries from the external HD. I have all libraries under ik multimedia/sampletank, but when i list that string as the disk location, Sampletank only recognizes some but not all.

Does anyone know what folder under Sampletank 3 the libraries should reside so they are all recognized by Sampletank?
AdInfinitum

Re: Sampletank 3 not importing all libraries

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:48 pm

Legacy libraries must be imported using the "Import Legacy Library" function in SampleTank 3. They will not be recognized by simply placing them in the filesystem.

You can find more details of how to do this in the SampleTank 3 User Manual, Section 3.3.1, "Instruments Menu" --> "Import Legacy Instruments"

If you do not know where to find the manuals for IK products, please consult the following FAQ: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/2497

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby AdInfinitum » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:53 pm

Thanks Peter. Good to know that you aren't always haunting the halls of KVR.

:D
AdInfinitum

Postby AdInfinitum » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:54 pm

Wait - when it imports, will it import to the External or the Home Drive? When I imported, it sent the imported files to my Home Drive/Library/IK folder.
AdInfinitum

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:02 pm

AdInfinitum wrote:Wait - when it imports, will it import to the External or the Home Drive? When I imported, it sent the imported files to my Home Drive/Library/IK folder.

It will import into the location where you have the main SampleTank 3 sounds. You can set that in the preferences/settings.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More