SampleTank 3 Can't load instrument [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 3 Can't load instrument [Resolved]

Postby nkallen » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi forum,

so I just bought sampleTank3 and installed. After 2 days of hard work and trouble shooting I can now see SampleTank 3 in the GUI (before I saw SampleTank FREE) and all the instruments and all the categories (before I could not). There's a link in the 'my products' section that says 'click here to download sound library update 3.5' I downloaded and installed. This is where I got all of the instrument.st3i files. But I've read in other places that I also need instrument.pak files in order for it to work. Right now, ST3 says it failed to load instruments when I try to load them, supposedly because I don't have the .pak files. I do, however, have a single SamplteTank 3.pak file, but idk where it needs to be or wether it is the issue

I have also contacted support 2 days ago and got 1 response (I think they take the weekend off) that said I need to download sound installers 1-8. What is he talking about? Where can I get these installers?

Or does anyone know how to solve this 'failed to load instrument' issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
nkallen

Re: SampleTank 3 Can't load instrument

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:33 pm

[Mod Edit: moved to the appropriate forum]

Hello nkallen and welcome to the forum.

I think that the instrument definition files (with the extension .st3i) are installed at the same time as the software (or maybe in that Sound Library Update). So you would be able to see them in the ST3 browser. But you need all the sample files too - they are in the "sound installers 1-8" as mentioned by Support.

Go to your User Area / My Products / SampleTank 3 (not the Custom Shop one); click on "Sounds Downloads and you should see a drop-down list. Download each one in that list and, I think, unzip it and install it. You might need the "Related Downloads" Sound Library Update too.

Let us know how you get on.

----------------
And, yes, Support normally take the weekends off ;)
Last edited by DarkStar on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typos
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: SampleTank 3 Can't load instrument

Postby nkallen » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:13 pm

Thanks Darkstar. Its finally working. I checked that area before a dozen times and must have overlooked it somehow. Uhg so frustrating.

Thanks so much!
nkallen

Re: SampleTank 3 Can't load instrument [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:57 pm

You're welcome
:)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby paulherbert » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:45 am

Darkstar, I am having a similar problem. I downloaded all the content for Syntronic including ST3 Custom and associated downloads. In my iK user area I do not see a download for ST3 free. I am not able to access most of the instruments in Syntronic. Could the reason be because I have not downloaded ST3 Free (which is not listed in my products)?
When I try to download the sound library for ST3 Custom I can't because it can't find the sounds.
Do I need ST3 Free before I can download the library for ST3 Custom?
Thanks in advance !!
paulherbert

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:43 pm

"ST3 Free" does not exist any more ; the free version is "SampleTank 3 Custom Shop". THat is in your User Area / My products and you will a Serial Number there too.

Syntronik will only load its own instruments; you need some edition of ST3 for all the other SampleTank instruments.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby paulherbert » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:35 am

Thank you for your prompt reply!
I have downloaded everything with all serial numbers including ST3 Custom and all associated sound libraries and all recommended downloads that are in my user area.
I still am not able to access many of the instruments in Syntronik.
The error message I'm receiving is:

Can not find tank file:/Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/Sample Tank 3/Samples/53 Syntronik 99/99/FM VCO-Style Bass 1.pak on disc

I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling ST3 Custom and the sound library a few times with the same results.
I am running a new Mac mini with Sierra v 10.12.2
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks again in advance !!
paulherbert

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:56 pm

One obvious question : is that specific file on disk in that folder?

It's odd that "many of the Syntronik instruments do not work" - I presume then that the others do. Did you unzip each of the download files using the program recommended by Support?

When unzipped, the downloads are corrupt on OSX (Sierra)
The standard unzip program on my Mac did not unzip the files correctly, so there was nothing to install. Support recommended this unzip program: http://www.kekaosx.com/en/
Mentioned in:
http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12814#p66709
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby wlodzislaw » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:54 pm

This is all hopelessly complicated. I have changed computer and already wasted a day trying to get instruments working. ST3 simply says that it cannot load an instrument, files seem to be there. I have installed Install SampleTank 3.5, SampleTank_3_Sound_Library_Update_3.5.zip, then SampleTank_3_3.7.1.zip update. Nothing happens.
I guess I should reload everything from the beginning, but the manuals do not mention anything about it. There must be better ways and better systems. This is very disappointing.
WD
wlodzislaw

Postby rcvargas26 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:38 am

I having the same issue too. The problem is that there is no video or instruction to explain this process. Don't understand how this is simple to use, the Ipad version it so much better!!!
rcvargas26

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:30 pm

The best bet for both of you is to contact IK Technical support for some one-to-one guidance.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Chenchaso » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:31 am

Any update on this? I am running mojave on macbook pro. I installed sampletank to mac and am installing the sound content to my usb external drive. When I open up sampletank it was able to scan and find the sounds but when i go to load a specific sound it pops up with the error can load instrument
Chenchaso

Postby garfy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:42 am

Hello Chenchaso and welcome to the forum.

Chenchaso wrote:Any update on this? I am running mojave on macbook pro. I installed sampletank to mac and am installing the sound content to my usb external drive. When I open up sampletank it was able to scan and find the sounds but when i go to load a specific sound it pops up with the error can load instrument

If you have installed all sound content 1-8 and the ST3 browser is showing the instruments but they won't load, you should follow the link that DarkStar has provided and open a ticket with Official IK Support for some one-to-one help. This is a user-to-user forum so you will get focussed support going the official route.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby martin.still » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:18 pm

Any news on this issue?
I have just installed all my Sampletank content with Sampletank 3 on my Macbook Pro running Mojave and it won't run, assumed it might be an issue with Mojave. Anyone else running Sampletank sucessfully on Mojave?
martin.still

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:22 pm

martin.still wrote:Any news on this issue?
I have just installed all my Sampletank content with Sampletank 3 on my Macbook Pro running Mojave and it won't run, assumed it might be an issue with Mojave. Anyone else running Sampletank sucessfully on Mojave?

Have you also opened a ticket with IK Support? They can look at your specific issue and setup and assist directly too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More