Syntronik Feature Requests

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Syntronik Feature Requests

Postby - IK User - » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:45 am

If expanded with more synths in the future, a Roland XP-80 would be a cool edition to the collection already in play.
- IK User -

Postby zzz00m » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:17 am

Ignite7 wrote:If expanded with more synths in the future, a Roland XP-80 would be a cool edition to the collection already in play.

You do realize that the Roland JV-XP series were all digital ROMplers, and not vintage analog synths? I think the plan with Syntronik design was to stick to analog gear.

I own several of the classic JV-XP hardware originals, and as good as they were, I cannot see the point of re-sampling them to create virtual instruments, as their sounds were all sample ROM based to begin with. Kind of like a SampleTank in a box. But just with less sample memory and CPU power. :D

Roland has re-issued the JV-1080 as part of their Roland Cloud with the original sound sets, and the expansions.
zzz00m

Postby Teksonik » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:17 pm

Aye but each of those sample based synths have some unique samples that gave them their signature sounds. My Korg 03 R/W ,Roland JV880, U220, and Alesis S4 Plus all have some unique sounds beyond just pianos and strings etc.

I'd love to have a Syntronik library that pays homage to that era and I've been saying that since Syntronik was released. After all there is an SY-77 module and it's not Analog so... ;)

The sampled based and hybrid synths of the late 80's early 90's are not well represented in the VSTi emulation market and they really did help define genres such as New Age back in their day.

While I rarely power up my hardware synths now back in the day I loved layering several of these sample based synths together to create some very lush and complex sounds. I can imagine doing the same thing with Syntronik's four layers/arps etc.

The problem would be you'd need the permission of the copyright holder of the original samples of those modules to do an exact emulation and I doubt Korg Roland etc would allow that.

But you could put together a generic rompler from those days by including samples like Shaku, Bottle Blow, Bells, Choirs, Strings, some Spacey sounds (think the D-50's "Soundtrack"), etc.

I would insta buy such a library for Syntronik. Lord knows we have enough analog content already. :P
Teksonik

Postby zzz00m » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:34 pm

Teksonik wrote:
The problem would be you'd need the permission of the copyright holder of the original samples of those modules to do an exact emulation and I doubt Korg Roland etc would allow that.

I guess that is why we already have the "Korg Legacy Collection" and the "Roland Cloud". Keeping their grip on those signature sounds.

But you could put together a generic rompler from those days by including samples like Shaku, Bottle Blow, Bells, Choirs, Strings, some Spacey sounds (think the D-50's "Soundtrack"), etc.

You could always fire up your favorite virtual multi-sampler and sample away! :D

Or buy AIR Xpand!2 for a buck when it goes on sale.
zzz00m

Postby Teksonik » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:45 pm

Or I could just post at the IK forums to show my interest in Syntronik content that isn't from yet another boring Analog synth. ;)

I already own XPand!2 and Kontakt and Structure and Sampletank 3 but that's not the subject of this thread.

The thread title is "Syntronik Feature Requests" not "Suggest a Workaround".

I'm not going to go back and re-read all the posts in this thread but I have the feeling almost none of the requests anyone made in this thread ever saw the light of day if any.

I'm only replying to this thread because notifications keeps popping up in my email. I have no delusions that anyone from IK will listen or even care. It is a lesson in futility.

But saying I'll insta buy a Rompler library for Syntronik might get some attention since with IK it's all about the money.
Teksonik

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:22 pm

These sticky feature request threads get forwarded to the team.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby zzz00m » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:00 pm

Teksonik wrote:
I'd love to have a Syntronik library that pays homage to that era and I've been saying that since Syntronik was released. After all there is an SY-77 module and it's not Analog so... ;)

I believe that you actually meant the SY-99, rather than SY-77, in regards to the Syntronik instrument. It was a hybrid of sample based ROM and FM synthesis. While FM is not analog, it is a form of digital synthesis. So it is a real classic digital synth, in the spirit of the DX7.

The IK notes about the SY-99 do indicate that they omitted the sample ROM sounds from the Syntronik instrument, however.
Syntronik includes only FM sounds from the SY99, and its representation in the library is vast and extensive.

And I still think that the potential copyright issues for sampling a commercial sample ROM and selling those sounds without a license from the owner probably make the discussion a moot point. Legally and financially, probably never going to happen.
zzz00m

Postby Teksonik » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:50 pm

zzz00m wrote: I think the plan with Syntronik design was to stick to analog gear.

Yet.......

zzz00m wrote:While FM is not analog, it is a form of digital synthesis. So it is a real classic digital synth, in the spirit of the DX7.

Yes it's an SY99 not 77 but it's still not an analog synth. So the concept of providing content that's not just another boring analog synth is there already. ;)

As I wrote earlier.......

Much of that content already exists in Sampletank or Sonik Synth. Just put some of that content together in a package for Syntronik, add some new samples, create a generic Rompler front end GUI and boom you've pushed Syntronik into new territory not covered by analog dinosaurs.

You don't have to sample the actual units to come up with a generic rompler that covers much of the territory of synths from that time period.

Anyway like I said I would insta buy such a library. Whether you want such a library or not doesn't concern me in the least bit. ;)
Teksonik

Postby gildas.benoit » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:10 am

Hello !
I really miss parts octave transpose in multi…
And eventually, multitimbral mode with assignable midi channels.
gildas.benoit

Postby t.weindl » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:41 am

Please implement HOST Automation
t.weindl

Postby jspeight » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Maybe I missed it, but it would save SO much time if you could preview presets without actually having to load them (similar to how NI's Komplete Kontrol works).
jspeight

Postby JWParenteau » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:30 pm

Syntronik as one button in SampleTanks instead of split by module.
HP Pavilion dk-0x|256 GB M.2|1TB SSD|1660 Ti|16GB RAM
FL 20|Tracktion Waveform 11|Cubase Pro 10
JWParenteau

Postby UrKungFuNoGood » Sat May 09, 2020 5:58 pm

Just had a hard drive malfunction. Reinstalling everything.
It sure would be nice to have a batch installer for the sounds as opposed to going through dozens of install files (Syntronik, Miroslav, Syntronik) to get my sounds back.
Do we have a low-tech solution? Like, would it be possible to run the exe files on a command line with flagging/switching for default options and just have it run through a bat file that includes all the sound modules?
Question goes for Syntronik and Miroslav as well.
UrKungFuNoGood

Postby Peter_IK » Sat May 09, 2020 6:07 pm

UrKungFuNoGood wrote:Just had a hard drive malfunction. Reinstalling everything.
It sure would be nice to have a batch installer for the sounds as opposed to going through dozens of install files (Syntronik, Miroslav, Syntronik) to get my sounds back.
Do we have a low-tech solution? Like, would it be possible to run the exe files on a command line with flagging/switching for default options and just have it run through a bat file that includes all the sound modules?
Question goes for Syntronik and Miroslav as well.

If you have your files expanded onto an external (or even internal hard drive) it is recommended to back that up, since that will back up the expanded and installed sound libraries all in one shot. Then you can simply use the backup and point SampleTank, etc to that filesystem.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby UrKungFuNoGood » Sat May 09, 2020 7:05 pm

So back up the public documents sampletank folder and the username documents sampletank folder and I can just copy that back w/o using the installers?
UrKungFuNoGood

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More