Moving library after install Sampletank 3 max

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Moving library after install Sampletank 3 max

Postby crysstalized » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:16 am

DarkStar wrote:I cannot remember but in Windows Explorer you might need to "Show hidden files, folders" (in Tools > Folder Options > View tab).

In ST3, rebuild the cache database - click the circular arrow button at the bottom of the ST3 browser and have a coffee as it may take a few minutes.

Success!

Thank you so much, DarkStar, for you help. I don't know Windows at all, so your suggestion helped me to find those files. It took a while, but got them all and just tried it out. This is going to save me so much time in scrolling when I'm recording.

Again, my deepest thanks for helping me get it figured out to all who took time to help!
crysstalized

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:50 am

You're welcome
:)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby UncleEti » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:37 am

The way I know Sample Tank, I would suggest herb-tea.
UncleEti

Postby terrasini74 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:11 am

crysstalized wrote:
DarkStar wrote:I cannot remember but in Windows Explorer you might need to "Show hidden files, folders" (in Tools > Folder Options > View tab).

In ST3, rebuild the cache database - click the circular arrow button at the bottom of the ST3 browser and have a coffee as it may take a few minutes.

Success!

Thank you so much, DarkStar, for you help. I don't know Windows at all, so your suggestion helped me to find those files. It took a while, but got them all and just tried it out. This is going to save me so much time in scrolling when I'm recording.

Again, my deepest thanks for helping me get it figured out to all who took time to help!

hi there. I am having the same problem with duplicate ._ files for syntronik in sample tank 3. how did you get rid of them?
terrasini74

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:11 am

Hello terrasini74 and welcome to the forum.

Did you do what was described above?

If that did not work, please contact IK Support, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help. And, to help others, let us know how it gets resolved.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby terrasini74 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:32 am

I did find hidden files in my sample tank 3 folder, but none of the ._ files were there. I don't know where they exist.
I did contact IK customer support, but they didn't really know how to fix it either. They just said that Macs sometimes create ._ files. He did not know how to get rid of them. They don't show up in the Syntronik app. Only in the Sampletank app.
terrasini74

Postby DarkStar » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:09 am

Pick one of them in the ST3 Browser (e.g. ._Azure Bass) and Search your disks [#] for "Azure Bass". That should find the proper instrument, the sample file and the rogue file. Let us know what you find and where the files are located.

[#] I would have thought that they would be in the ST3 library folders.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby terrasini74 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:17 am

No matter what i tried, i could not locate the ._ files. When i load the ._ file in sample tank, it tells me where it is located--in the same folder as my functional .st3i files. however when i look on the hard drive itself, the file does not show up in there. Even when i choose the option to show hidden files, it is not in there. But i found a solution! I searched and searched and found a video on youtube. The solution is simple, but i never would have figured it out. Here are the steps:
1. open up the app Terminal
2. you are going to type the following: dot_clean (followed by a space)
3. do not press Enter/Return yet.
4. Drag your disk icon (the disk where the ._ files are located) into the Terminal window
5. Press Enter/Return

That's it! It'll appear as if nothing happened, but the ._ files will have been removed.
Open up Sample Tank and rescan your hard drive. The ._ files should be gone.
they don't appear to come back even if you dismount the disk and remount it. Looks like they're gone for good, hopefully. Let me know if my instructions weren't very clear. Thanks.
terrasini74

Postby PAULBROWNAP1963 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:45 pm

I hope you guys don't mind if I step in here with another question.
I just downloaded the Memory V Library. Now I'm trying to figure out the best place to store the Library.
When I went into my Sample Tank 3 Folder I noticed there are already folders with the same name as the memory V Library. i.e Multi's Samples etc...

Do I unpack the MV Libraries and just move the contents of the MV Folders into the related Sample Tank 3 Folders or do I just move the MV Folders in to the Main Sampletank Folder even if it means having Folders with the same name?

Cheers and Many Thanks!

Paul
PAULBROWNAP1963

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:47 pm

PAULBROWNAP1963 wrote:I hope you guys don't mind if I step in here with another question.
I just downloaded the Memory V Library. Now I'm trying to figure out the best place to store the Library.
When I went into my Sample Tank 3 Folder I noticed there are already folders with the same name as the memory V Library. i.e Multi's Samples etc...

Do I unpack the MV Libraries and just move the contents of the MV Folders into the related Sample Tank 3 Folders or do I just move the MV Folders in to the Main Sampletank Folder even if it means having Folders with the same name?

Cheers and Many Thanks!

Paul

The installers for Memory-V should automatically populate your currently ST3 library location and you should install there.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby raypalf » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:33 pm

gordryd wrote:Did you re-scan the library after moving? Inside ST3, on left side, below instrument list, just to the right of magnifying glass is a curved arrow. Click on that to re-scan and re-build the ST3 database. Hopefully that's all it is...

Thankyou for that , tried everything but overlooked this, you are a star
Ray
raypalf

Postby moradbensaoud@gmail.com » Wed May 15, 2019 9:12 am

How can you guys, in 2019, release some installer without the option to install everything per direct to an external drive??? I'm venting here... it just pisses me off... don't know why ;)

We wanna make music, not go on a journey to find out how to move things without getting errors and waisting our time.
moradbensaoud@gmail.com

Postby garfy » Wed May 15, 2019 2:55 pm

Hello moradbensaoud and welcome to the forum.

The software does give you the option of installing to secondary drives.

This thread is about moving content after installation (which was started almost 2 years ago) perhaps because the user had started to run out of room on his installation drive.

As it looks like everyone has had some satisfactory response I will lock the thread to keep the forum tidy, but leave the information intact for any future user.

As a suggestion however, you might be wise to change your username to something other than your email address as it could be used for nefarious means by unsavoury harvesting-types.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More