Moving library after install Sampletank 3 max

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Moving library after install Sampletank 3 max

Postby Popmuzc » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:03 pm

After searching youtube and other posts I am unable to find a step by step to moving what folders i should to an external drive. I'm not looking for a general idea. I would like to know step by step what i should move. Exact folder names...so I dont screw this up. Step by step means linear steps, not general ideas please. I want to ssve hard drive space by putting ehat I should on an external drive. Thank you from a new user and purchaser of Sampletank 3 Max. Macbook Pro with latest OS.
Popmuzc

Re: Moving library after install Sampletank 3 max

Postby crysstalized » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:53 pm

I have this question as well. I want to transfer my SampleTank 3 library and Syntronik to a 256GB usb drive as I do not have room on my laptop for all the samples.

If someone could advise, this would be very useful for others who are searching as well.

I am on a late 2013 15" Macbook Pro wanting to transfer samples to 256GB USB, though I imagine it would be the same instructions for an external hardrive.
crysstalized

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:38 pm

Hi, you can move the library onto an external drive and then you can point to the new drive in SampleTank 3's settings.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby crysstalized » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Thanks, that sounds easy.
crysstalized

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:47 pm

crysstalized wrote:Thanks, that sounds easy.

I do believe the disk path change is covered in the User Manual but I'm pretty sure you won't have to crack it open to do this successfully :)

However, it is indeed called "Disk Path" in the SampleTank 3 settings, in case you have any issue finding it. Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby crysstalized » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:09 am

So...

-copied all existing files from /Library/Application Support/IK Multimedia to USB drive (except my T-Racks and Amplitube stuff
-set the disk path in ST3 to USB/IK Multimedia (put everything in there)
-downloaded and installed Syntronik, samples to USB drive
-hit the arrow for rebuilding database in SampleTank 3 stand alone

results:
-all of my Syntronik shows in ST3, but gives error: failed to load
-none of my previous ST3, SampleTron, etc shows up at all (it all previously worked)

When I reset the Disk Path back to the original folder on my Macbook HD, nothing shows up either. What have I done wrong?

I...even looked at the manual...I feel so dirty :oops: :lol:

edit: In Main Stage I can use Syntronik (shows up separately in from ST3) and it works. But ST3 in Main Stage still does not work--same as the stand alone.
crysstalized

Postby gordryd » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:03 am

I moved my ST3 libraries a couple of weeks ago and didn't run into any issue. I just copied (dragged) the "SampleTank3" directory from here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank3 to an SSD drive. Pointed to the new location in the Options/Tools or whatever inside ST3 and voila! Not sure, but I think "SampleTank3" name has to be in the path. Maybe it doesn't like external USB as the assigned drive letter may change with every boot?
gordryd

Postby crysstalized » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:43 am

Thanks for the help. I changed the folder on my usb to SampleTank3 and it read the Syntronik files but still does not load them. No other ST3 items load or are seen in the stand alone. On my Macbook, the file path is:

(Hard drive)/Library/Application Support/IK Multimedia/

That IK Multimedia file holds ST3, Sonik Synth 2, SampleTron, Miroslav, etc. and was working before. Stumped.
crysstalized

Postby gordryd » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:30 am

In ST3, your path should point to (USB)/.../SampleTank3. Syntronik (and all the other sound libraries) get installed under that in /Instruments. Good luck!
gordryd

Postby gordryd » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:55 pm

Did you re-scan the library after moving? Inside ST3, on left side, below instrument list, just to the right of magnifying glass is a curved arrow. Click on that to re-scan and re-build the ST3 database. Hopefully that's all it is...
gordryd

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:21 pm

There should be a specific SampleTank 3 directory to move. I believe you moved at least one folder above that. You may want to have IK Support take a look if the suggestions above do not help as I am not currently on a Mac in order to be more precise about that directory. Thanks.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby crysstalized » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:20 am

I reinstalled ST3 and Syntronik, imported my old instruments and got everything working. One problem though is that in the Syntronik menu on the left, it shows two copies of the instrument like this:

._Azure Bass (not working double)
Azure Bass (normal working)

How do I get rid of the "._Azure Bass" versions in the menu? I have to scroll through all of them on every Syntronik (but not Syntronik Free, interestingly) to get to the working sounds. I've already restarted my computer, reloaded ST3 standalone, rescanned (recycle arrow in GUI).
crysstalized

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:35 am

Those ._XXX files are something to do with OSX. Windows does not use them.

You might try moving a few into a folder outside the Syntronik one and doing a Rescan. If all is well with those instruments, then delete them all and Rescan again.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4947897?start=0&tstart=0
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby crysstalized » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:18 pm

Thanks for your reply. I spent a couple of hours trying to understand and find a solution to the ._ files after your post, DarkStar. I couldn't find a way to see them on my USB drive even with terminal commands. I finally booted up in Windows 10 and saw .DS_Store files and deleted all of them, but it has not changed the ST3 menu "._" files from showing up. In Windows I still could not see any "._" files.
crysstalized

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:28 pm

I cannot remember but in Windows Explorer you might need to "Show hidden files, folders" (in Tools > Folder Options > View tab).

In ST3, rebuild the cache database - click the circular arrow button at the bottom of the ST3 browser and have a coffee as it may take a few minutes.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More