Syntronik release date! [was: Something's cooking at IK....]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Syntronik release date! [was: Something's cooking at IK.

Postby Nick Donaldson » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:12 am

Got it downloaded and installed. Really is amazing. Excellent job IK! Very happy! :D
Amplitube 4 MAX
T-Racks 4 & 5 MAX
Ark 2.5
Synctronic
AmpliTube 2, 3 & 4 Full
Previous owner of Stomp IO
2008 Mac Pro 8 core 3.0
Studio One 3 Pro
Nick Donaldson

Postby jih64 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:57 am

Excellent stuff. Wasn't sure I was going to get his, waited until half an hour before the deadline and thought ah what the . . . Glad I brought in at that great introductory price, $99.99 - 21 Jampoints = $78.99. Bargain!! Thank You
jih64

Postby LMAKAL » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:19 am

Okay, I had some time to play around with some of the synths and I listened carefully on different speakers. Guys, I'm totally blown away. And this is just the beginning :D :D :D
Top Job IK!
LMAKAL

Postby straydg » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:36 pm

Hello.

May I ask you one more thing? Because I do not have the capacity of C drive, I want to install Syntronik's program and sound content on other drives. What should I do?
straydg

Postby sumosonix » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:10 pm

I installed mine on a different drive than my C: drive. No problem. Syntronik auto mapped the sounds, and Syntronik also has a definable path to the location of the sounds.
sumosonix

Postby InTheMix » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:25 pm

sumosonix wrote:I installed mine on a different drive than my C: drive. No problem. Syntronik auto mapped the sounds, and Syntronik also has a definable path to the location of the sounds.

Exactly! I've installed mine on the sample drive as well.
InTheMix

Postby InTheMix » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:29 pm

Few questions:

1) Syntronik is a 64 bit application and requires a 64 bit OS....ok , so Syntronik does not work with a 32 bit DAW, right?

2) According to the manual, Sample tank 3 can read Syntronik samples. But doesn't Sample tank support 32 bit DAWs? Does this mean Syntronik itself as a plug in can not be loaded into 32 bit DAWs , but Syntronik samples can be loaded into a 32 bit instance of sample tank?
InTheMix

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:23 pm

InTheMix wrote:Few questions:

1) Syntronik is a 64 bit application and requires a 64 bit OS....ok , so Syntronik does not work with a 32 bit DAW, right?

Syntronik is 64-bit only. It will not work in a 32-bit DAW

2) According to the manual, Sample tank 3 can read Syntronik samples. But doesn't Sample tank support 32 bit DAWs? Does this mean Syntronik itself as a plug in can not be loaded into 32 bit DAWs , but Syntronik samples can be loaded into a 32 bit instance of sample tank?

SampleTank 3 is also 64-bit only as well.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carsten_brueck » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:19 am

HI, i was playing around with some syntronik synths now and i must say, that what i tried out now , is definitely the best sounding synths i have heard as plugins.. sounds just awesome..theres just something what i mentioned... not a downbringer or so..but it occurs and is very heavy with the TO-3 samples... on most TO-3 sounds you get a bad cracking sound if filter resonance is 3/4 to full open and cut off is 1/4 open up to 1/2 half open.. does someone else have the same experience ? its not possiblee to fix it with envelope tuning.
carsten_brueck

Postby ramuji » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:05 am

I want to control Syntronik with MIDI Program Change messages in Ableton Live.
The stand-alone version has a Program Change tab in the Settings window, for setting layers to respond to PC commands. However, this Program Change tab does not appear in the Settings window when Syntronik is used as a plug-in in Ableton Live.
Is there some other method that I've overlooked for controlling the plug-in with PC messages?

Thanks!
--
ramuji
ramuji.com
ramuji

Postby InTheMix » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:25 am

Would this thread be a place to post problems regarding Syntronik?

I'm running a Windows 8.1 desktop. When I use Syntronik as a plug in, I don't seem to have any issues so far, but when used as a standalone, it crashes every time I send a note on message to it...either by clicking on the virtual keyboard with the mouse, or playing a note off of a controller keyboard. I've never had this issue with any soft synth ever before, so it is an isolated issue indeed and I can reproduce it every time.

In the Arpeggiator view mode, above each step there's a field where you can assign a transposition value. Is the range suppose to be -12/+12 or -24/+24 semitones? According to the user manual, it's suppose to be -24/+24 but when I click in the field, I get -12/+12.

(From User manual- Page 89)
"6.3.3 – Overall length
This parameter lets you shorthen or lenthen the duration of all events in the Arpeggio. The Length knob lets you shorten or lengthen all of the steps by up to 50% of its current value. The default value for this parameter is 100% with a minimum value of 50% and a maximum value of 150%. "

The Length knob range is between 0 and 100% though, so how is it suppose to add the length by %150? Or I'm reading it wrong?

(From User manual- Page 90)
6.3.4 – Swing
"Swing moves every second note (the upbeat note) closer to the nearest downbeat with a range from no movement (0% Swing) to extreme note movement (100% Swing). A Swing value of 0% that results in no note movement, whereas a value of 100% results in extreme note movement. The default value for this parameter is 0%."

When I move the knob to make adjustments, it starts from 50% and NOT 0% . In fact if you just hover over the parameter, it displays a 50% value (default setting).

InTheMix

Postby InTheMix » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:07 am

Generally, how long does it take for the support team to get back to you?
InTheMix

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:19 am

InTheMix wrote:Generally, how long does it take for the support team to get back to you?

They typically respond to your ticket within one business day. You can reply to your ticket via the link you received in your confirmation email if you have been waiting and/or you have additional details or questions to add.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby InTheMix » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:25 am

I created a ticket like 4 days ago and haven't got a response at all. Just an automated message that said a ticket was created. That's pretty much it! So once someone decides to respond, will I be getting some sort of notification, or should I just keep checking the ticket randomly?
InTheMix

Effect Presets...

Postby InTheMix » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:26 pm

From Page 85:

"You can save and recall presets for each effect. To access the Effect Presets, click the bottom field where the Effect Preset name is displayed. The list will display the available Presets of the currently loaded effect. Note that not all effects have Presets available. In this case, the list will be empty until you create your own Effect Presets. Here you can also Save edits to the current preset or perform a “Save As” to save a new version of the Effect Preset while preserving the original."

So according to this paragraph at least some of these Effect units come with "presets" then. I went through most of them and wasn't able to find an effect that has any IK presets. Could this be an installation issue? Do you guys see any factory presets at all?
InTheMix

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More