Multis for Miro 2 CE Strings Velocity Sensitive

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Multis for Miro 2 CE Strings Velocity Sensitive

Postby bigcat1969 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:46 am

I'm hoping this works. Presuming Miro 2 CEs knows where to find your instruments these Multis might be helpful?
Note they are only the multi files and contain no instruments, if you don't have Miro 2 CE (or possibly Miro 2 full) they won't do you any good.
Anyway they are an attempt at making multis for the sustains of the solo and section string instruments. They are velocity sensitive and the modwheel is used for 'Expression'. The volume of each dynamic layer varies significantly so sometimes I think the velocity jump is pretty smooth for some notes but jarring for others. The dynamic layers are layered from top to bottom and its pretty easy to adjust them with the sliders. Also not every dynamic layer goes all the way to the top of the instrument so in some instruments the top notes might have some layer gaps.
Not perfect but a try at addressing a weakness in the orchestra of not having velocity sensitive articulations and not using the modwheel.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/l4gafp2ed ... ultis_.zip

Note I cranked up the volume some with the modwheel wide open so start with the modwheel down a bit.
bigcat1969

Re: Multis for Miro 2 CE Strings Velocity Sensitive

Postby bigcat1969 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:32 pm

msorrels on the cakewalk forum said

"I was able to use them with the full Miroslav by text editing the files (the .st3m files are just XML text) and replacing "51__Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE" with "50__Miroslav Philharmonik 2" Once you do that everything loads and works in the full version."

So they do seem to work for CE and can be made to work for the full version.
bigcat1969

Postby SuperKons » Fri May 12, 2017 10:29 pm

At the end of the day, it is not about the samples per se, but their location, nice effort! I want to try your multi!
SuperKons

Postby Samstrat » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:16 am

I've been coming across a lot of bashing about the Miro 2. But I heard the demos on soundcloud and they sound fantastic.

Why is everyone running the product down ? Am really curious. What am I missing here ?
Samstrat

Postby rebertone » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:09 am

Samstrat wrote:I've been coming across a lot of bashing about the Miro 2. But I heard the demos on soundcloud and they sound fantastic.

Why is everyone running the product down ? Am really curious. What am I missing here ?

I'm Not sure either. I use a LOT of orchestral libraries from 8dio to Sonivox and Miroslav is definitely up there with the best in quality. However, the issue this post addresses is a HUGE one for me: I took to google to learn if there was a way to use midi expression, as key velocity is primitive and impossible to make smooth realistic dynamic transitions with quickly. IDK. Maybe that is the source of frustration...? The GUI is a bit meh, but I can live with that, since the sound is superb
rebertone

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:26 pm

rebertone wrote:
Samstrat wrote:I've been coming across a lot of bashing about the Miro 2. But I heard the demos on soundcloud and they sound fantastic.

I'm Not sure either. I use a LOT of orchestral libraries from 8dio to Sonivox and Miroslav is definitely up there with the best in quality. However, the issue this post addresses is a HUGE one for me: I took to google to learn if there was a way to use midi expression, as key velocity is primitive and impossible to make smooth realistic dynamic transitions with quickly. IDK. Maybe that is the source of frustration...? The GUI is a bit meh, but I can live with that, since the sound is superb

If you're looking for a MIDI control of expression for Miroslav Philharmonik 2 sounds, try the "Swell" or "Expression" MACRO on most instruments. These MACRO controls can be MIDI assigned with the CONTROL button in the lower left hand corner. Combined with MULTI instruments with multiple articulations you should be able to get the sound you're looking for.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Promidi » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:26 am

There is more to getting the sound you want than simply sending the note on MIDI event and hoping for the best. Most orchestral libraries allow the use of controller events to add a certain nuance of the sound. This can require a bit more work, but the results are totally worth it.
Promidi

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More