Sample Tank 3 - No Patterns [Resolved by OP]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sample Tank 3 - No Patterns [Resolved by OP]

Postby dpaterson » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:33 pm

Hi.

I've just purchased and installed Total Studio MAX but in Sample Tank 3 I have no patterns listed other than three demo patterns (Grand Piano, Natural Acoustic Piano, and Thematic).

What am I missing???

All of the purchased instruments are listed and work just fine but no patterns.

Regards,

Dale.
dpaterson

Re: Sample Tank 3 - No Patterns

Postby dpaterson » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:55 pm

Problem solved.

Multis and patterns are not automatically re-scanned after purchasing / downloading / installing new instruments i.e. manual re-scan is required.

Regards,

Dale.
dpaterson

Re: Sample Tank 3 - No Patterns [Resolved by OP]

Postby Rebar » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:11 pm

I had the same issue with Miroslav Philharmonik 2 (MP2) -- no patterns or multis were listed after installation. Only instruments were found.

As the OP stated, a re-scan is required. Here's more info for newbies like me... On the PLAY page of MP2 (or Sampletank), click the INST tab to see the installed instruments; I believe these appear by default after installation. Click the PATTERN or MULTI tabs to see patterns or multis. Problem: nothing is listed by default for these latter two tabs after installation. You have to do a database re-scan before they show up.

The re-scan button is the one with a circular counter-clockwise arrow at the bottom of the browser window. Click it to re-scan the database. Note that the re-scan is tab-dependent -- you have to click it once for each of the PLAY, PATTERN, MULTI tabs. Once done, your patterns and multis should appear.

IKM should make the user aware of this. They advertise 11 Multis** on the Sounds page for the MP2 product information and an "included MIDI pattern library" on the specs page. But (as I recall) nothing is ever mentioned during installation about having to re-scan each tab to actually load them. [**Note that even after the re-scan, one of the advertised Multis, "Cello Multi Part", was still missing in my list.]
I understand, at least I think I understand, which is the same thing, I think.
Rebar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More