MP2 English Horns not loading[Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

MP2 English Horns not loading[Resolved]

Postby toremag » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:40 pm

Hey guys.

I've installed Miroslav Philharmonik 2, but some of the instruments are not loading. Specifically, the english horn seems to have trouble loading. Here are a couple of error messages, the first when I try to load one of the english horn instruments and the second when I try to load multi (full orchestral score) and the time comes for MP2 to load english horns.

The error messages are "failed to load instrument" and "Part 11 loading issues".

I've tried to download and reinstall the part 11 file of the MP2 sound bank, but it didn't help.

As far as I can tell, the files are fine. For example, I have the following instruments folder:

C:\Audio\IKM MP2\Instruments\50__Miroslav Philharmonik 2\003__Woodwinds\Ensemble\005__English Horns\001__English Horns Sustain

This folder contains the following files:

• 3 English Horns Sus 6,0 LP.st3i
  • 3 English Horns Sus 6,0.st3i

I also have the ensemble english horns samples folder:

C:\Audio\IKM MP2\Samples\50 Miroslav Philharmonik 2\Woodwinds\Ensemble\English Horns

With the following files:

• English Horns Portamento Exe.pak
  • English Horns Portamento.pak
  • English Horns Staccato.pak
  • English Horns Sus 6,0 loops.pak
  • English Horns Sus 6,0.pak

The total size of the pak files is about ~71.1 MB.

I can't really tell what's wrong here. Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks in advance for your reply.

edit :

They also fail to load in Sampletank 3.
toremag

Re: MP2 English Horns not loading

Postby SuperKons » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Hello,
I have got the exact same problem, and error messages: the English Horns, under Ensemble, refuse to load, despite the st3i and pak files being present in the correct folders.
I am opening a support ticket, to get to the bottom of this, I am certain they will be able to assist :)
SuperKons

Postby mbostaph » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:14 pm

Did anyone find the issue or fix for this. No English Horns are loading! I have reinstalled all the samples.
mbostaph

Postby SuperKons » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:37 pm

I might get a response, to the support ticket I opened, tomorrow, I believe
SuperKons

Postby mbostaph » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:31 am

Thanks! I dislike spending so much time working on system issues instead of music.
mbostaph

Postby toremag » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:01 am

Hey guys - and thanks for your replies!

As a temporary workaround, I wanted to mention that english horns from the inluded MP1 pack still works. However, I'm sure we all prefer to get the MP2 horns.

Have you guys installed the sound library updates? I haven't because I've been of the impression that these updates are already included in the library I installed, but I thought I'd get around to installing the update today and see if it fixes things.
toremag

Postby SuperKons » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:57 pm

The English Horns from MP1 are upgraded, so we can assume they sound better, regardless :) Yet, I agree with you, I would rather use the MP2 ones 8-)

I have not installed that particular update, as I assumed, like you, that would not be necessary. Also, when I installed MP2 CE, the English Horns installed correctly. Anyway, looking forward to hearing whether that update has solved the issue.
SuperKons

Postby toremag » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:58 pm

FIX FOUND!

I just tried installing the sound library updates available from my download section on this site. It worked - english horns are loading as they should! I am pretty sure the english horns update is part of update 5 of 5, but you should probably just get all of them.

I was of the impression the update wasn't needed because I downloaded the library after sep. 20th 2016, but seems I needed it after all. There may be some false information in the MP2 download section.
toremag

Postby SuperKons » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:15 pm

Excellent!

Thank you very much, for looking in to it, and trying to install the update, I shall do that right away, I am in the middle of building up an orchestral template, in REAPER, and there is a hole, where the English Horns are supposed to be :)
SuperKons

Postby SuperKons » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:20 am

Happy to confirm that downloading, and installing the sound update resolves the issue with the ensemble English Horns
SuperKons

Postby robertobaldi » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:45 pm

Same problem...
robertobaldi

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:52 pm

robertobaldi wrote:Same problem...

Have you run the sounds updater that is mentioned above to fix this issue?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:56 pm

Hello robertobaldi and welcome to the forum.

Did you try what sorted it out for the other users?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ManuHeel » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi everybody,

Got MP2 some months ago and correctly installed the updates, I have trid re-downloading and re-installing the updates right now but I still can't get the English Horns Ensemble Multi file... The 5 zip files does not contain it in all of their tree so I think I can try again and again but without any resolution.

Anybody have tried it recently ?

Thank you.
ManuHeel

Postby Jason_IK » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi,

Download the new Philharmonik 2 files from the User Area now (the main ones not the 5 sound fixes) as it been fixed with the new installers.

IK User Area - https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/
Here you can get software updates, drivers, sounds, manuals.

Thanks
Jason
Jason Williams - Senior Technical Support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook- Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Jason_IK
IK Moderator

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More