64bit versions of SampleTron, SampleMoog, Sonik Synth

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

64bit versions of SampleTron, SampleMoog, Sonik Synth

Postby axelg » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:33 am

Now that Cubase 9 has landed and finally blacklisted all my IK Multimedia instruments (including SampleMook, SampleTron, Sonik Synth, Philharmonik), I think it is about time for IK Multimedia of seriously considering porting their instruments to 64 bits. The current option of using ST3 for these is not an acceptablee solution.

Reasons: The import into ST3 is a very unfriendly and convoluted process. There is a reason why the GUIs of programs like SampleTron looked different and lived as separate VSTis in a given song. It seems IK Multimedia is currently only interested in selling (apple based) hardware and doesn't put any effort whatsoever in development / improving their plugins? If there is no active development on Virtual Instruments then I would really like to know and rather move on and cut my losses to future prove my projects.

I would only begrudgingly use the old instruments by firing up Cubase 8.5 and then bouncing down to audio, but it is kind of a downer after investing so many days in downloading (slow internet here) all the sounds and maybe getting excited at finding playable instruments quickly. I find that I am reaching more and more for Halion because although the Samples there are limited at least the integration is great and far less crashy than using 32bit in bridged mode.

Any thoughts? Does IK Multimedia have a VSTi development team, or are they all working on hardware integration? Any plans on releasing 64bit updates to the aforementioned instruments in order to maybe retain your old customer base?
axelg

Re: 64bit versions of SampleTron, SampleMoog, Sonik Synth

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:42 pm

SampleTank 3 is a huge update and the evolution of SampleTank (upon which the previous instruments you mention run, they are SampleTank instruments). Importing into SampleTank 3 is the best option for using those legacy instruments in 64-bit formats. I'm sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the way SampleTank 3 differs from the previous version and with the custom GUIs that were available for some of the legacy libraries.

If you are having any issues importing your legacy libraries into SampleTank 3, users here can be helpful and the IK Support team is ready to assist you.

IK certainly has a team devoted to developing great instrument and effect plugins. They worked very hard on SampleTank 3 and its regular updates as well as groundbreaking products like MODO BASS (the physically-modeled electric bass virtual instrument) as well as effects-based products.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SanctionSteve » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:44 pm

Hello - can you import sounds from the original Miroslav and sample moog into the free version of Sample Tank?

If not, the money I have spent on them originally is wasted, I've paid another £8 to release the sounds again (that is VERY naughty of IK) - and hoping that the free version will work as I'm not paying £99 to pay for Sample Tank 3 SE to play the sounds that I've paid for already....
IK seems so complicated - why can't you do an all in one installation/licensing option like Waves?
SanctionSteve

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:57 pm

SanctionSteve wrote:Hello - can you import sounds from the original Miroslav and sample moog into the free version of Sample Tank?

If not, the money I have spent on them originally is wasted, I've paid another £8 to release the sounds again (that is VERY naughty of IK) - and hoping that the free version will work as I'm not paying £99 to pay for Sample Tank 3 SE to play the sounds that I've paid for already....
IK seems so complicated - why can't you do an all in one installation/licensing option like Waves?

Yes, per the SampleTank Custom Shop (free version) web page at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletankcs/ you can import legacy libraries in the free version. I hope that helps!

If you are having any trouble with the installation and/or authorization of IK products please consult the "Installation and Authorization Manual" included in the installer and that should help. If not, please note that IK Support is always willing to assist at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SanctionSteve » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:04 pm

Oh you can? Oh excellent. Was fully expecting the opposite. Serves me right for being a big grumpypants. Thanks Peter.
SanctionSteve

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:32 pm

SanctionSteve wrote:Oh you can? Oh excellent. Was fully expecting the opposite. Serves me right for being a big grumpypants. Thanks Peter.

Yes, you can and show me someone who has never been a big grumpypants and I'll show you a liar :). Happens to the best of us
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby emankayker » Tue May 05, 2020 12:50 am

hi i also own sampletron and can't get it to load in sampletank 3... and the link above doesn't show it's supporting it... is it still the case?
best
e
emankayker

Postby garfy » Tue May 05, 2020 8:24 am

Hello emankayker and welcome to the forum.

emankayker wrote:hi i also own sampletron and can't get it to load in sampletank 3... and the link above doesn't show it's supporting it... is it still the case?

Have you used the import function is ST3? This needs to be done to access the sounds of SampleTron.

If you follow the method in this sticky viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24083" (disregard the ST4 stuff) there should be no problems using SampleTron sounds in ST3.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby lokidmusic » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:22 pm

How do you do that on OSX Catalina, it seems that ST3 CS can't be installed.
lokidmusic

Postby bdezlife » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:27 pm

I'm in the same boat. I have all that old stuff from back in the ST2 days, and want to get SampleMoog and SampleTron working in ST4. I'm on Big Sur and don't have access to an old machine. I'm stuck - hope there's a way.
bdezlife

Postby DarkStar » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:53 pm

I do not know of a way other than using an older system or a PC. But, please contact Support for a definitive answer.

Contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help.

Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bdezlife » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:56 pm

I contacted support. They said I would have to find an older machine and do the import, and that they hadn't done it themselves so they didn't have the files to share with me.

Hopefully someone can find another way.
bdezlife

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More