American Acoustic Guitar and Sampletank 3 crashing

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

American Acoustic Guitar and Sampletank 3 crashing

Postby mcaste » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:45 pm

Just wondering if anyone else had purchased American Acoustic Guitar and have ST3 crash while playing AAG??? Tech has been assisting me since October 26th and we still cannot pin point what is going on. ST3 stays steady as long as I do not load samples from AAG. Does not matter if I only have one channel or more. Sent a LiceCap video of ST3 crashing after about 10 mins of jamming around with AAG. It seems to be very strange issue.
mcaste

Re: American Acoustic Guitar and Sampletank 3 crashing

Postby rdaly34 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:08 pm

Hello, I have Sonar 8 with (ST3.6.6 and "AAG" loaded) as a "Plugin" and it crashes also! Thanks for the tip. I'll try to "unload" AAG or re-install ST3.6.6 without AAG and see if it still crashes. I'll let you know here. Ray
rdaly34

Re: Sampletank 3 crashing IK please respond

Postby mcaste » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:35 pm

Ray,

Here is an update. IK Multimedia's Tech team has sent me a response that they were able to recreate the crashing issue and supposedly will create a patch for it. I will say this. I have decided to refrain from purchasing from IK until this is resolved. If it appears it will never get resolved, I will have no other choice but to become a DISAPPOINTED x-customer. I became a NEW customer of IK just a couple of months ago ! No other choice but to just simply not spend any more of my money with them. Hope someone that works for IK and moderates this site, will respond to this reply and address my/our concerns and frustrations now that we know there is a bug. Will give them a few months. Sad in a way because after purchasing SampleTank3 and American Acoustic I was impressed with the sounds and wanted to purchase Miroslav Philharmonik and was looking forward to future purchases. No way at this time. Change my mind IK Multimedia and respond to this to let us know an approximate target date on getting this bug fixed!!!! Thank You
mcaste

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:23 pm

The forum mods, admins, and users will not be able to answer your question. Please ask the support team via your ticket and they should be able to give you a ballpark idea since they are the ones who would submit the issue to and who will work with the developers.

Issues sometimes crop up in software, and I understand your frustration. IK is committed to providing quality software to you and I'm sure your issue will be resolved to your satisfaction by the support and development teams working together.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby CrazyPops » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:44 pm

Hi all
#I realise that this is a very old thread, but I've just come across this same problem. I was playing with ST3 standalone and notice that everytime I use AAG, it crashes ST3 after a short while.

Any news or fixes on this yet?
CrazyPops

Postby garfy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:06 pm

Hello Lortmeister and welcome to the forum.

Yes, this is an old thread and since it was last posted to there have been 5 updates to the software.

I have just tried various AAG instruments in ST3.7.2 standalone without issue. As the original poster did not include any system details I cannot tell if they were using Mac or Windows or what version of ST they were running.

This is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support. In case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby CrazyPops » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:27 pm

garfy wrote:Hello Lortmeister and welcome to the forum.

Yes, this is an old thread and since it was last posted to there have been 5 updates to the software.

I have just tried various AAG instruments in ST3.7.2 standalone without issue. As the original poster did not include any system details I cannot tell if they were using Mac or Windows or what version of ST they were running.

This is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support. In case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Hope that helps.

Many thanks Garfy. I'll persevere with it and see if it crops up in a DAW and if it's just this one particular voice.
CrazyPops

Postby Promidi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:41 am

I know this is an old thread, but I think I have found a work-around for this issue.

I had this issue as well with the stand alone and VST version of Sampletank 3.

I wrote to IK Multimedia about this issue and they did acknowledge it was an issue with the sustain function with these stereo patches. They also doubt whether it would be fixed in ST3 as ST4 has now been released.

I was able to get rid of the ST3 crashing issue (at least on my system)

In ST3, I found that if I increase the polyphony for any part that contains a stereo patch from American Acoustic from the default of 32 to say 128 or above, I was longer experiencing the constant crashes.

I thought I would post this in the hope that others may be helped with this issue.
Promidi

Postby CrazyPops » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:39 am

Promidi wrote:I know this is an old thread, but I think I have found a work-around for this issue.

I wrote to IK Multimedia about this issue and they did acknowledge it was an issue with the sustain function with these stereo patches. They also doubt whether it would be fixed in ST3 as ST4 has now been released.

In ST3, I found that if I increase the polyphony for any part that contains a stereo patch from American Acoustic from the default of 32 to say 128 or above, I was longer experiencing the constant crashes.

I thought I would post this in the hope that others may be helped with this issue.

Thanks Promidi. I'm away from my studio until next week, but I'll certainly try this on my return.
CrazyPops

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:09 pm

Promidi wrote:I know this is an old thread, but I think I have found a work-around for this issue.

Hey Promidi,

Sorry to hear of your experience here. We appreciate you posting this workaround here. I've passed this information to the team.

I checked into this for you and I reached out to our support team. They are currently digging further into his case to find a solution to get you back to making music without the need of a workaround.

I can confirm SampleTank 4 will not run into this same behavior as what you are describing with SampleTank 3.

Check your support ticket when you can and work with the team on their latest reply.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More