Connect irig to ipad and use sampletank

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Connect irig to ipad and use sampletank

Postby musicadomundo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:45 am

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to connect my iRig 37 keys pro to my ipad and use it with sample tank, but it doesn't seem to be working. The keyboard's ON light is on but no signal seems to get through to the ipad. I'm using a mini-usb > lightning connection.

Anybody has any idea about what might be wrong?

By the way, everything works fine when I connect the keyboard to my laptop via usb.

Thanks
musicadomundo
musicadomundo

Re: Connect irig to iPad and use sampletank

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:01 pm

I would assume this would be an issue with the third-party adapter. I know that our controllers will work with the Apple Camera Connection Kit, but other adapters are not known to work.

The USB-only iRig Keys line are made to be compatible with Mac/PC, but we do also have other members of the iRig Keys family that provide direct connection for iOS devices. You can find information about the whole family of iRig Keys controllers at http://www.irigkeys.com
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby musicadomundo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:39 am

Thanks for your reply!
Cheers,
Luís
musicadomundo

Postby joshua nallapu » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:34 pm

Mr.Peter, do you mean that irig keys with only usb doesn't work with ipad?

-Joshua
joshua nallapu

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:47 pm

joshua nallapu wrote:Mr.Peter, do you mean that irig keys with only usb doesn't work with iPad?

-Joshua

It may with an adapter but there are models that come with the direct Lightning connection that are made specifically to work with IOS devices and which are compliant with Apple’s MFi specification.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More