Lag - SampleTank 3 SE 3.6.6 - Program Change Lag

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Lag - SampleTank 3 SE 3.6.6 - Program Change Lag

Postby jlafber » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:45 pm

I'm using the SampleTank 3 SE Play > Live > screen to assign Program Changes to a single instrument. First you have to create a Multi and then load that in to a song. I only have one instrument in my multi (But you could make it more complex). Anyways the real issue is Lag. The program change takes about two full seconds. This means I can't do real time switches and stay on the beat. Kontact is able to switch instantaneous. Is there anyway to speed up Sample Tank?
jlafber

Re: Lag - SampleTank 3 SE 3.6.6 - Program Change Lag

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:14 pm

What happens if you have several Multis in a single song? IS that still slow?

After a brief experiment here it looks like the Multi and its samples ARE loaded each time that Multi is selected. Which is not what it says here:
When a Song is loaded, SampleTank loads the samples for all Multis within the Song. This helps the Multis to load much faster which is critical during live performance as the samples are already in memory like a hardware synthesizer.

If you see the same, then please raise a Support Ticket explaining the issue.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jlafber » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:39 pm

Yep thanks for confirming. They samples are loading each time. A few seconds is pretty quick but not if you are playing at a tempo with more then 60bmp
jlafber

Postby david_pin » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:48 am

I have the same problem, do you solve your program change lag?
david_pin

Postby frama78 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:12 am

Even if this thread is old, I have the same issue.

Each time, I change one of my mulis within a song, the Multi loads new and take some seconds.

they should have already been loaded in Memory when activation the song. At least it should.

I use mainly VST3, Sampletank2 and Miroslav 1 libraries. My computer is an Win 10, I7 with 24GB Ram and SSD-drive Win10 so this should not be the problem
frama78

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

frama78 wrote:Even if this thread is old, I have the same issue.

Each time, I change one of my mulis within a song, the Multi loads new and take some seconds.

they should have already been loaded in Memory when activation the song. At least it should.

I use mainly VST3, Sampletank2 and Miroslav 1 libraries. My computer is an Win 10, I7 with 24GB Ram and SSD-drive Win10 so this should not be the problem

Live mode should indeed work the way it is stated above. Please open a ticket with IK Support so they can assist you directly. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More