Updated to SampleTank 3.6 now it won't load any Instruments

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Updated to SampleTank 3.6 now it won't load any Instruments

Postby verbmusicgroup » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:52 am

I was on SampleTank 3.0, updated to 3.6, updated Instrument Library to 3.5. Now whether in Standalone mode or VST my ST3 won't load any Instruments. It loads the Patterns and the Demo Data and will play instruments from the Demo section, at least the first loaded instrument.

I use Cubase Pro 8. If I load a song that I previously wrote using ST3 before the update it will load ONLY those instruments that I had previously assigned and play them fine. But it will not load all of the instruments that are in the instrument file or the Legacy Instruments that I have assigned.

I have checked and double checked and re-assigned the SambleTank Instrument path several times but it still won't load the Instrument Files.

Tech Support responded initially by telling me to check my path and it seems fine. They have not responded to further questions..

Any help would be appreciated.
verbmusicgroup

Re: Updated to SampleTank 3.6 now it won't load any Instrume

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:48 am

Hello verbmusicgroup and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems since the last update.

Just to check
-- could you clarify exactly what you mean when you say "will not load all of the instruments"
-- are all the instruments listed in the ST3 Browser?
-- are all the instruments in the appropriate folders on disk?

You could try this - go to the ST3 sounds library folder, rename the cache.db files that you see there, start ST3 standalone and rebuild the database files from scratch. I've not done it myself, so it's at your own risk, but you can always delete the new files and rename the old one back.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby verbmusicgroup » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:39 pm

The instruments are not listed in the Browser in the Standalone or the VST. Like I said, if I load a song that I had previously used ST3 instruments in the instruments that I previously assigned will load and appear in the ST3 browser but not any other instruments while in VST mode. Once I put my head around what you're tryin to tell me about the cache file I might just try that.. I have a project that I' trying to complete so this really sucks.. Thanks meanwhile.
verbmusicgroup

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:29 pm

An explanation for your projects might be - the path to the instruments (and therefore samples) files is stored in the plug-in data chunk that is save within the host project.

But new instruments cannot be loaded as none are listed in the ST3 Browser. That suggests to me that the database cache files are empty or are not up-to-date (maybe the Sounds Library update did that?). Before doing any renaming, open ST3 and click on the circular arrow button at the bottom of the Browser to rebuild the cache db. Do that for each tab in the Browser.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby verbmusicgroup » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:56 pm

I have tried the circular arrow button at many different levels of trouble shooting. The same thing happens every time. The Demo and Pattern tabs rebuild and relist as they should but the Instrument tab still remains empty, flashing very quickly when I press the rebuild arrow, that's all.
verbmusicgroup

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:04 pm

Then I'm stumped - please raise a Support Ticket for some one to one help (and, to help others with a similar problem, let us know how it gets sorted out).

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby verbmusicgroup » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:42 pm

I have an open Service Ticket for this. Thanks for trying to help... Much appreciated.
verbmusicgroup

Postby noahsdaddy020305 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:30 pm

this is exactly what is going on with ST 4 MAX. Anyone know the solution to this?
noahsdaddy020305

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:37 pm

Bumping an 4-year-old thread is unlikely to lead to the same solution especially as you have raised the issue in your own thread.

As the OP has not returned, this thread iwll belocked.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More