Miroslav 2 Sound Library Installation Failures

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Miroslav 2 Sound Library Installation Failures

Postby artsmith » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:01 am

'Dark-Star', 'PeterIK' and others who assisted; thanks for the information, but I have managed to rectify the problem, which was not caused by the installation. As I pointed out, I unzipped the 'sounds' files one-by-one and stored them in a temporary file from which I did the installations. When I went to set the path to the sounds library, instead of 'Miroslav Philharmonik Sounds Library' which had been the file set up for storage of all of the unzipped and installed sounds, I had become confused, and instead, directed the path for loading the sounds, to the temporary storage file in-error. Once I had caught-on to that mistake I again ran tests, and as far as I can see, everything is now loading and operating correctly. A stupid thing to do, I know, but in view of the lengthy setting-up process, understandable, I guess.

Again, my thanks to everyone who assisted.

Ian Smith
Dunedin ,NZ.
artsmith

Postby artsmith » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:34 am

I have some progress to report although I have support tickets for both IK Multimedia and 'Presonus', the source of my preferred notation programme 'Notion'. I re-installed everything except the sound-samples and created some new destination files, keeping everything out of my SSD system-drive but still on an internal drive on my 'PC'. The secret seems to be in a thorough scan to create a data-base. I persuaded 'Philharmonik' to rescan by trying to access the original unzipped download file. That, of course wouldn't work, but when I reloaded from the legitimate 'sounds' file it did a re-scan and completely updated the original data-base. That took some time.

I then created my 'standard' 16-track symphony orchestra with the same layout I have used for years, ie 'woodwinds top, 'brass' next down, then timpani, strings and a concert-harp in that order, not that the order is important. I used all 'KS' ensembles and instrument groups which I have years of experience using, in 'Kontakt'. The process of activating each instrument in-turn, was by means of a double-click on the instrument of choice, over in the left-hand column, followed by a test within that instrument's range to check that it could be 'heard' once loaded. All could. I then went to 'save' and in the 'multi' file saved my full orchestra as a 'multi'. Then I switched-off 'Philharmonik' so there could be no cheating, then re-loaded it again, went to 'multi' and double-clicked on my saved 'multi' and the whole thing re-loaded perfectly, and on a check-up, all instruments were present-and correct.

That takes care of 'stand-alone' mode nicely although the full orchestra does take about five minutes to 'reload' as it seems to have to do a re-scan of the instruments chosen. I have also tested the 'KS' options for each instrument group and can confirm that anyone who persists with this software is in for a treat, as the range of articulations is vast and very comprehensive. Also I like the sounds of the instruments. There seems to be, however, one faulty instrument sampling. The 'English Horn', as supplied, seems to covers only about four notes from the middle of that instrument's range. I installed the 'English Horn' from 'Philharmonik' as a stop-gap measure

For me, that takes care of 'standalone' applications. I have yet to work out how to incorporate 'Philharmonik 2' into my 'Notion' software as a VST. However, having it working perfectly in 'standalone' mode is a good start in that direction.

Ian Smith
Dunedin, New Zealand
artsmith

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:25 am

You're getting there - and, at least it keeps you quiet over the Christmas period. ;)

Anyway, you can rebuild the MP2 database at any time by clicking the circular arrow button at the bottom of the Browser. Yes, it can take a minute or two.

And well done for working out how to set up your own "Multi" incorporating several instruments (including some key-switched multi instruments). It has been a source of some confusion that the orchestral key-switched instruments have 'Multi' in their name and the same term is used for a multiple instrument combination.

It probably takes a while to load as, I think, it loads all the samples or all the instruments and articulation into memory (unlike Kontakt). Somebody-else reported the "English Horns" issue here:
http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11301
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby TEDSTRYKER » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:52 pm

Hi fellas! Season's greetings to everyone, hope you all had a top Christmas :)

Ian, glad you're getting stuff sorted. On a side note....how cool is the internet? We take it for granted, but it's pretty mindblowing that me and DarkStar in the UK can just communicate so directly with Ian down there on the other side of the of the world in the South Pacific! Maybe I'm too easily pleased, but it never fails to amaze me.

Just a quick note - the original issue isn't resolved yet, the solution suggested by support (which was stick the installation folders for Part 1 of 16 into the root of C drive and run the installer from there) hasn't worked. I need to get back in touch with them and ask for concise instructions on what exactly needs to be manually installed and where etc - as I'm happily using Miro 2 and am worried that during a manual install of the troublesome sound content I might bugger something up.
TEDSTRYKER

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:43 pm

^^^^
I've removed the "[Resolved]" tag from the title, for the moment.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby melliott716 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:09 am

Hello all!

I had the same issue with the 1st sound file set, and believe I've tracked down the problem (at least for me). I had extracted the zip file to a sub-folder on a network drive, and the combination of the sub-folder name length with the names of the files being extracted exceeded the Windows limit for some of the files.

I just copied the downloaded zip file to my desktop and unzipped it there, then reran the install from there, and it worked fine.

Hope this helps anyone having the same issue!

Happy New Year!!
melliott716

Postby TEDSTRYKER » Sun May 22, 2016 6:09 pm

Well its been many months since I gave up trying to install Sound Library Part 1 of 16, as I just concentrated on making music instead.

However, installed MP 2 version 2.0.3 today, re-downloaded 1 of 16, saved the zip to a desktop folder as I had done a ton of times before, and ran the installer....and it worked! So I don't know if it's pure luck/coincidence, or whether there are stability improvements....anyhow, pleasantly surprised, and very chuffed with the new harps, which are superb and perfectly fit an intro section I was struggling with.

Hurray!
TEDSTRYKER

Postby davenedwek » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:55 pm

I'm trying to install the MP-2 sound libraries on my Mac (MacOS version 10.12.6). I downloaded the MP-2 installer (Miroslav_Philharmonik_2_2.0.4.dmg) and installed the application using Install Miroslav Philharmonik 2.pkg. The quick-start guide said to then run "Install Miroslav Philharmonik 2 Sound Content.pkg" , but that file was not in the DMG file I downloaded.
I downloaded the 17 ZIP files of sound content and tried to run the *.app file included in the un-ZIP'd directories, but in every case I was told "Installation aborted. Cannot find any Sound Content to copy."
It looks to me like the samples and instruments are present in the un-ZIP'd directory.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Dave

UPDATE:
This advice from Jason W worked like a charm:

- Hold down the Control key on the keyboard and click on the installer file
- Go to View Contents
- Open the Mac Os folder
- Run the installer you see here
davenedwek

Postby kiranphalke » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:26 am

Hello all please help me as the support has stopped helping me for unknown reason.
1) I have MP2 and sampletank3 on my PC win 10 64 bits. The sampletank was working perfectly but since i downloaded MP2 things have changed. I have all the vsts in c drive but my sound content is in the other drive.
When i give path to MP2 it brings out all the instruments correctly but when i start ST3 it also takes MP2 instruments and looses all its (ST3s)instruments.
Now i was told to move folders from MP2 to ST3folders.( IK youtube says one cannot move files from MP2) When i did that i landed up in a mess on my PC and then i could not use either of them.
What now i need is
1) I should be able to use MP2 as a plugin without ST3 interference
2) ST3 as i was using previously
3) I do not want MP2 in ST3s interfase ( Broweser)
Please advice.
kiranphalke

Postby ahmadik » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:18 am

Hi guys.... Greetings
I am still struggling with the perfect installation...
I had raised the ticket but I am not getting any help from ik.....I am using a PC....Guys please if you can suggest me the steps...
I have already downloaded the zip files
Unzipped it on a local folder on my desktop
Now file 1,6,9 are showing failure notice no matter how much I try...
Please help
ahmadik

Postby kiranphalke » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:10 am

ahmadik wrote:Hi guys.... Greetings
I had raised the ticket but I am not getting any help from ik.....I am using a PC....Guys please if you can suggest me the steps...
Please help

Hi had the same problem but they told it was a bad install so i re downloaded only that file no. 7 and got it corrected but then started my real work of installation which is a total failure
kiranphalke

Postby kiranphalke » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:30 pm

Hello friends I have GIF which explains how to install sounds of MP2 to ST2 but i cannot understand that. How could i send it here? :idea:
kiranphalke

Postby kiranphalke » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:28 pm

Hello all and Mr. Peter,Darkstar and Mr. Jason
I did trouble you a lot but today Respected Paul Hudson took my computer by a team viewer and transferred all the folders from Miro2 to ST3 in just 30 min. The plugins and standalone versions work perfectly on my PC and on my DAW.I can see Miro2 in my ST3 browser too. Thank you Paul Hudson and all :D
kiranphalke

Postby kiranphalke » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:38 pm

kiranphalke wrote:Hello all please help me as the support has stopped helping me for unknown reason.
1) I have MP2 and sampletank3 on my PC win 10 64 bits. The sampletank was working perfectly but since i downloaded MP2 things have changed. I have all the vsts in c drive but my sound content is in the other drive.
When i give path to MP2 it brings out all the instruments correctly but when i start ST3 it also takes MP2 instruments and looses all its (ST3s)instruments.
Now i was told to move folders from MP2 to ST3folders.( IK youtube says one cannot move files from MP2) When i did that i landed up in a mess on my PC and then i could not use either of them.
What now i need is
1) I should be able to use MP2 as a plugin without ST3 interference
2) ST3 as i was using previously
3) I do not want MP2 in ST3s interfase ( Broweser)
Please advice.

This problem was solved by the supports Paul Hudson in following way.

We need to now move the Miroslav 2 content over into the main SampleTank 3 folder. Open up 2 Finder windows ( Explorer)to display both the contents of the 'Miroslavephilharmonic2' folder and the main IK Multimedia > SampleTank 3 folder.

With both open, copy the contents of each folder from the Miroslav folder over into SampleTank 3:
We used team viewer and done that

Instruments
Library Info
Multis
Patterns
Samples

Once all the content has been moved over, let us now launch SampleTank 3. Click the rescan button in the bottom right of the main Browser window. This will rebuild the database.

This will merge all of your products together into the single folder, and then show everything in SampleTank 3 or just the Miroslav 2 sounds in the Miroslav 2 interface.
kiranphalke

Postby fatkitten » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:34 am

ahmadik wrote:Hi guys.... Greetings
Please help

I'm having the same problem with no 8, no 9 and no 11. (I haven't even tried to go further yet.)
I've re-downloaded them like 5 times and I always get CRC Error. (data in the zip-file is corrupt.) This is the worst installation I've encountered in many years and I really, really want to fix this.
I don't even know what to do when and if all sound files gets installed correctly.
I've raised a ticket but since the data is corrupt, I'm struggling to see how that will help.
fatkitten

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More