Miroslav 2 Sound Library Installation Failures

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav 2 Sound Library Installation Failures

Postby TEDSTRYKER » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:27 am

Hi

I downloaded all the sound libraries overnight and like others had the file path problem when I came to extract them to the default location. I saved them to my desktop as a workaround, and then collated them into a desktop sub-folder. From there I ran each individual installer to the default location.

I had many failed installation attempts with different libraries, but after over 7 hours of installing - multiple attempts, re-downloading, reboots etc I have got all but one of the sound libraries installed. However the first sound library will simply not install. Multiple downloads, probably 15 different installation attempts, and all I ever get is this message:

"The Mirolslav Philharmonik Sound Content (1 of 16) installation failed. Unable to copy instruments."

I have enough HD space and my system is stable. I'm pretty unimpressed so far with my new IK Multimedia product. I've submitted a ticket to support and I'm hoping for a quick solution. I don't want to be told to 'try re-downloading and installing again' though as I think I've rinsed and repeated enough.

I'm running Windows 7 Premium 64bit SP1, 16gig RAM, i7-2600k @ 3.40GHz
Last edited by TEDSTRYKER on Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEDSTRYKER

Re: Miroslav 2 Sound Library Installation Failures

Postby TEDSTRYKER » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:36 am

I must add that after a cursory play of a few samples (its 3.30am here so its only a quick play around) I'm very impressed with the few instruments I've heard.
TEDSTRYKER

Postby matstrid » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi

I had that problem too. It looks like the path length for each file becomes longer than some OS limitation (probably 256 characters). I couldn't even delete the files because of that.

I succeded by unzipping and installing the files "near the root" of the HD so the path didn't become so long. That is not deep inside many folders.

eg D:\MP2_Part_1 to D:\MiroSounds

Maybe the same problem?
matstrid

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:13 pm

matstrid wrote:Hi

I had that problem too. It looks like the path length for each file becomes longer than some OS limitation (probably 256 characters). I couldn't even delete the files because of that.

I succeded by unzipping and installing the files "near the root" of the HD so the path didn't become so long. That is not deep inside many folders.

eg D:\MP2_Part_1 to D:\MiroSounds

Maybe the same problem?

If this is the issue, we also have the steps to this workaround in the FAQ entry at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3678
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TEDSTRYKER » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:19 am

Hi Mastrid and Peter IK

Thanks to both of you for the replies, I appreciate it.

PeterIK – I've already used the file path workaround as I described at the start of the first post – I extracted the zipped content to my desktop, moved the contents to a folder on my desktop, then ran the installer for each part from there to the default location. That worked for 15 of the 16 sound content libraries. However Part 1 of 16 refuses to install. What Mastrid is referring to is a different issue – that of running the installer from such a desktop folder location.

Mastrid – Thanks for the advice – but I've tried a number of different file destinations for the installation of 1of 16 with very short addresses as you recommended, and none of them are working. Getting the same installation failed message.

Now I have a new problem. I'm working on a new tune using Miro 2, Superior Drummer 2 and Kontakt. I was successfully using the sound libraries I have installed over the course of about 15 hours on 19 & 20/12/15. I was running 6 tracks of Miro 2 without issues. Earlier today 21/12/15 I came to review my work with fresh ears and when I loaded the project up in my DAW some tracks were randomly refusing to load the samples. I say randomly because I closed and reopened the project many times, including system reboots, and each time a different Miro 2 track would refuse to load it's sample. Now after a few hours of doing that, I cannot load a single sample on either the VST plug-in or the stand alone. I repeat – I cannot load a single sample. Every sound is displaying a 'failed to load instruments' error. However the samples are there in their appropriate file locations on my hard drive. I can see the bloody things but can't load them! Thus the software has ceased to be usable for me.

However I repeatedly opened and closed that project yesterday within the DAW without issue. I updated to 2.0.1 last night but thoroughly tested it before going to bed and all the tracks in the project were playing their samples. However last night I did notice that the odd track was randomly switching samples of it's own accord - for example, my solo violin multi would suddenly become a pizz solo violin while I was working on the drum midi.

I'm getting quite frustrated with Miroslav Philharmonik 2. The samples are really very good but the number of problems I'm encountering in just getting the dang thing to work - like all my other plug-in instruments do effortlessly - is really getting in the way of both my enjoyment and creativity. At the moment I cannot recommend this product.

Am I going to have to re-download and re-install the whole thing again? :(
TEDSTRYKER

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:04 am

^^^
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

I do not think that a reinstall will help. Please raise a Support Ticket, with all the details, for some one to one help - and, to help others, please post the solution here.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby TEDSTRYKER » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:41 pm

Hi all

Darkstar, thanks for your reply. As I had re-downloaded 90% of the sound libraries when I read your post, I thought I might as well go ahead with a full re-install. All trace of Miro 2 erased from my system and a new install started. 3 hours later this is the situation:

Miroslav 2.0.1 installed

Sound content 2 - 16 installed correctly (and without errors) to default location C:\Users\Public\Documents\IKMultimedia. However 1 of 16 still refuses to install. Therefore original support ticket submitted on 19/12/15 remains in play.

Stand alone and VST plug-in working correctly, loading all available content. Miro 2 tracks within the new song project mentioned above loading samples successfully and working normally. Once again, impressed by the quality of the samples themselves.

So....fingers crossed that this will remain stable. Hopefully support can help me get sound content 1 of 16 installed. I've spotted a few others having this problem with 1 of 16 specifically, so I'm hoping there is a known issue they can correct. If so, I'll update this section with the solution.
TEDSTRYKER

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:43 pm

And the problems with that project you mentioned? I wonder what fixed that?

Are the 16 download files .zip files? For part 1, maybe you can open it using, for example, 7-zip, and extract the files manually, putting them in the right folder(s)? it might also tell you which files are the problem ones. Completely at your own risk, of course, as I have not tried it.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby TEDSTRYKER » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:55 pm

Hi Darkstar.

Yeah basically no idea what fixed the problems with the samples not loading. I've only opened the project once since the reinstall and within 60 seconds all the Miro 2 tracks had loaded their samples successfully. The stand-alone is loading everything up correctly as well. Before the reinstall I was getting blanket instrument load errors across all samples in both the VST and stand-alone - at the moment the new install seems fine <fingers crossed> ;)

Manually installing is a good idea - I can't lose by trying I guess....thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a go!
TEDSTRYKER

Postby Maneville » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Same problem here with 1 of 16 - not {Mod Edit: now?] trying the suggestion of a new and smaller directory name to install into. Fingers crossed.

Addendum: 1 failed, 4 failed. Re-downloading to see if that is the problem. Ticket being submitted.
Maneville

Postby artsmith » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:35 am

I too had a great deal of trouble installing the first file of the 16. Also I could not gain access to the installation file for each samples ('sounds') file. So I unzipped each file manually using 'Ashampoo' unzipping software and then loaded the sounds files individually
using the installation software from there.

However, file 1 was a real 'dog' to unzip and install and I guess I made about eight or more attempts (even downloading the MP2_1file again), before I fluked it and it suddenly loaded OK, just when least expected. I had also, along the way tried the alternative 'compatibility' format suggested in Windows 7 - 64 bit but also without success.

My current problem is that I cannot load any of the instrument samples for use. I have the 'Philharmonik 2' base-program installed on a 'Drive A' with ample reserve capacity, and the full kit of samples installed in a directory right alongside it. That was needed, because
my system Drive's (C:)capacity is limited to 'system' and registry only, (It is SSD of 256gB capacity). Everything was installed according to the recommendations except for that.
I am currently experimenting with 'pathways' and expect to find a solution. Philharmonik 2
in my case is being used with Presonus 'Notion 5,' as a VST. That installation is also correctly installed and every other samples library works correctly including 'Kontakt 5'. Garritan 'Aria' and Notion's own set of samplings, based upon the London S.O.

Ian Smith
Dunedin, New Zealand.
artsmith

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:02 am

^^^^
I'm glad that you got (almost all of) them sorted out. To help others, Which one was the 'dog'?

As for none of the instruments loading, I would raise a Support Ticket for some one to one help.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Just to check, MP2's Setings are set to point to the top-level MP2 sounds folder?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby artsmith » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:55 pm

'Dark-Star' thanks for the advice. The 'dog' amongst the downloaded files was MP2-1 as with most other respondents. I assumed that, being 'zip' files that they would have to be unzipped one-at-a-time manually. That did not seem to speed up the process any, but it did give me access to the installation file for the contents of each disc. Each disc was installed except for the first in-line, which was the 'dog' I mentioned. It obstinately refused to install. By my recollection, I think only one of the other files besides No.1 failed to install quite easily. I am using 'Windows 7 Home Premium' in an Intel i7-based setup, with ample RAM (16gB) and a good operating overhead of everything needed, since it was put together for the more exacting work of video-editing and processing.

I have no doubt that I will succeed in getting the whole package up-and-running. I have dealt with worse ones than this, and the usual problem lies in obtaining direct and unambiguous file-pathways. The installation gave the 'Sample-Tank' file installed on my system-drive as the default for the library, from memory, but for pretty obvious reasons, with a 'headroom' of 75gB left empty as a matter of course, in a 256gB SSD drive (which, of course, is not its effective capacity anyway), 55gB of samples would have been too big a chunk to have taken out of what remained. I'll report back if I find anything helpful.

Ian Smith
Dunedin, New Zealand.
artsmith

Postby artsmith » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:56 pm

As a follow-up to my previous posting. I have just been experimentally loading a series of
instrument 'multis' in 'Philharmonik 2'. By a series of eliminations I have worked out that in my installation it seems all 'Brass' multis will load. When trying to load some of the larger full-orchestra combinations, however, the strings will not load, nor as yet will the woodwinds. Tedious although the process is, I might be able to 'map' which sounds files are faulty by a process of elimination and re-install them, even although at download and installation time all were declared to be OK after I had sorted out the first download (No.1). In any case I have used a standardised setup for years where I have been restricted to sixteen staves-at-a-time, irrespective of the brand of software I am using, ie 'Garritan', 'Kontakt' or 'whatever'; so I shall be making up my own templates. The basic problem is to get everything to load and if not, find out what the 'difficult' files all have in common with each other, so that I may arrive at a solution.

Now, 'back-to-the-drawing-board'...........

Ian Smith
Dunedin, NZ.
artsmith

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:01 am

Did you raise a support ticket as suggested above by DarkStar? It may save you some of what appears to be tedious checking. They are there to help and will happily assist you at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ if you'd like them to help.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More