Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby naokibee » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:07 pm

Alright. You won, IK. lol I just ordered MP2 though I wanted to see the additional info, demos or videos before the release.
I didn't come here to complain but I suppose it'd be hard for not a few consumers to jump on the pre-order with the limited information or demos. Intro sale during a limited time is a more customer-friendly option, not pre-orders. ;)
naokibee

Postby mbain1967 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:52 pm

naokibee wrote:I didn't come here to complain but I suppose it'd be hard for not a few consumers to jump on the pre-order with the limited information or demos. Intro sale during a limited time is a more customer-friendly option, not pre-orders. ;)

I agree 100%. This way, what IK Multimedia is saying to us is "If you trust us and order it sight-unseen, we'll give you $100 off. If you want to make an informed decision based on reviews and other users' experience, you don't gt that discount, and for all you Miroslav users, that means you'll be paying an exorbitant price of $299 for an upgrade."
mbain1967

Postby danphish » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:21 pm

Only a few days left before the release and unfortunately no demonstration videos. I was very much looking forward to getting v2, but without the confirmation of its functionality, I can't justify the purchase. Unfortunately the prices after the pre-release precludes me from purchasing. I have purchased many software titles (plus vi's) that haven't functioned the way I thought they would (or hoped they would) and I will not jump in without the minimal effort made by IK to give some idea of v2 in action, for us. I'm not here to bash the product, on the contrary, I love v1 and I'm very excited for v2. I just can't justify the purchase now with this level of information and I won't be able to after the release.
danphish

Postby mbain1967 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:25 pm

danphish wrote:Only a few days left before the release and unfortunately no demonstration videos. I was very much looking forward to getting v2, but without the confirmation of its functionality, I can't justify the purchase. Unfortunately the prices after the pre-release precludes me from purchasing. I have purchased many software titles (plus vi's) that haven't functioned the way I thought they would (or hoped they would) and I will not jump in without the minimal effort made by IK to give some idea of v2 in action, for us. I'm not here to bash the product, on the contrary, I love v1 and I'm very excited for v2. I just can't justify the purchase now with this level of information and I won't be able to after the release.

I'm right there with you. I will not be purchasing, either.
mbain1967

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:13 am

mbain1967 wrote:
naokibee wrote:I didn't come here to complain but I suppose it'd be hard for not a few consumers to jump on the pre-order with the limited information or demos. Intro sale during a limited time is a more customer-friendly option, not pre-orders. ;)

I agree 100%. This way, what IK Multimedia is saying to us is "If you trust us and order it sight-unseen, we'll give you $100 off. If you want to make an informed decision based on reviews and other users' experience, you don't gt that discount, and for all you Miroslav users, that means you'll be paying an exorbitant price of $299 for an upgrade."

That is how preorders typically work, not unique to IK, or this industry. You are preordering to get a price break, before the product comes out.

I have relayed the requests for more information and the pricing period.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby danphish » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:22 am

Peter_IK wrote:That is how preorders typically work, not unique to IK, or this industry. You are preordering to get a price break, before the product comes out.

I have relayed the requests for more information and the pricing period.

I understand the price break before the product comes out. All we have been asking is for a little more information and to see the product in action. About two weeks ago you had responded to a similar request on another forum:
Naoki Ohmori wrote:
Well, no additional Info, demos or videos before the release of MP2?

I am told they are coming. I've re-sent this request to stress it, thanks.

So based on this information, is why I thought they were coming before the release, and disappointed that now it looks like they may not be.
danphish

Postby mbain1967 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:16 am

Peter_IK wrote:That is how preorders typically work, not unique to IK, or this industry.

Maybe that is how preorders work,I don't know. But what is the purpose of preorder promos as opposed to introductory discounts? If the product is good and gets good reviews, people will buy it. But with the preorder only promo, with no downloadable demos or even product walkthrough videos, people will be hesitant to buy.

Miroslav 2 may be the greatest thing out there, but when IK says we can only get a discount if we put our blind faith in the product, it's going to look sneaky.
Peter_IK wrote:I have relayed the requests for more information and the pricing period.

Thank you.
mbain1967

Postby pyerbass » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi Peter,
Could we know a bit more about the story behind miroslav2? Where those new sounds come from? where when how recorded them? is this some sounds from the original Miroslav Vitrous library, or is this freshly recorded sounds, if so what is the role of Mr Vitrous in the making of this new library?
Many thanks in advance for your answer
pyerbass

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:46 pm

pyerbass wrote:Hi Peter,
Could we know a bit more about the story behind miroslav2? Where those new sounds come from? where when how recorded them? is this some sounds from the original Miroslav Vitrous library, or is this freshly recorded sounds, if so what is the role of Mr Vitrous in the making of this new library?
Many thanks in advance for your answer

This information is posted on the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 pages:
Each of its instruments have been captured in glorious stereo audio at the prestigious CNSO Orchestra Studios in Prague, home of the Czech National Symphony Orchestra and a space that’s been used for recording by such legends as Andrea Bocelli, Ennio Morricone, Lalo Schifrin and, of course, Miroslav Vitous himself.

Each new sample has been expertly recorded and optimized for playback from a keyboard — they’ve all been hand edited and voiced by musicians so they retain that same emotional and musical characteristics and quality that made the original Miroslav Philharmonik such a mainstay classic.

Of course Miroslav Philharmonik 2 also contains all of the samples from the original Miroslav Philharmonik virtual instrument that provide additional strings, brass and windwinds but also choir, keyboard instruments, chromatic instruments and percussion. And all of the new instruments plus the original Miroslav Philharmonik instruments are SampleTank 3 compatible for seamless integration into your existing SampleTank music production workflow.

Miroslav was the producer / originator / brains behind the whole thing, directly involved, and the quotes from him on the pages are specifically about this new version. The 45GB of new sounds mentioned elsewhere on the site's Miroslav Philharmonik 2 pages means just that - new sounds (listed on the Sounds tab under "New Instruments"). There are also sounds from Miroslav Philharmonik that are included (and that is also mentioned on the Sounds tab "Of course it doesn’t stop there: In addition to the newly recorded instruments above, you also get a majority of the instruments from the original Miroslav Philharmonik library (we removed a few of the redundant ones for easier navigation)").

I hope that helps.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pyerbass » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:25 pm

Hi Peter, many thanks for your answer, it's always nice to know a bit more about the behind the scene.
Cheers
pyerbass

Postby rosleck » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:29 pm

Will pre-orders be delivered before X-mas?
rosleck

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:24 pm

rosleck wrote:Will pre-orders be delivered before X-mas?

Direct downloads will be available upon release, boxed versions will need processing, packing, shipping time so there is no guarantee of that before Christmas.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mbain1967 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:37 pm

This page http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/philharmonik2/ calls the pricing "Introductory Price". It has a preorder button, but it does not say that the introductory pricing is for preorder only.
mbain1967

Postby c10.2000 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:45 pm

it is 17 dec. release date of Miroslav Philharmonik 2
I have pre-order this and i 'm very curious when we can donwload this ?

Grtz, pascal
c10.2000

Postby esierka » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:47 pm

c10.2000 wrote:it is 17 dec. release date of Miroslav Philharmonik 2
I have pre-order this and i 'm very curious when we can donwload this ?

Grtz, pascal

I was wondering the same thing. Expected it to be there by now... When???
esierka

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More