Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby tosvus » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:16 pm

well, I bit the bullet and pre-ordered it. I hope it is as good as I'd like it to be ;) It will be interesting to see once released how people find it stacking up against competitors both in terms of achievable quality, and how easy it is to get a good level of quality.
tosvus

Postby dave_clark » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:36 am

Hi DarkStar,

Thanks for your reply. I had concluded the same but hope that they took into account the fact that many keyboards don't have such low-numbered keys.

Regards,
Dave Clark
dave_clark

Postby Phonotics » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:06 pm

I'm considering buying it too, but haven't decided yet. From what I can make out of the info the choir part seem to be the same as the old library. It would be very helpful if someone from IK Multimedia has any information on this.

Also, I like to know when the introduction price ends. At the release date perhaps?
Last edited by Phonotics on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phonotics

Postby OliverF » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:19 pm

I was told from IK that the pre release price ends when the product is released. This is strange because we do not have a chance to check reviews how good Phil2 is.
Is there no new Choir ?
OliverF

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:35 pm

Phonotics wrote:I'm considering buying it too, but haven't decided yet. From what I can make out of the info the choir part seem to be the same as the old library. It would be very helpful if someone from IK Multimedia has any information on this.

Also, I like to know when the introduction price ends. At the release date perhaps?

The new instruments are listed at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ph ... ik2-sounds under "New Instruments" and the preorder pricing ends when Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is released.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:35 pm

OliverF wrote:I was told from IK that the pre release price ends when the product is released. This is strange because we do not have a chance to check reviews how good Phil2 is.
Is there no new Choir ?

This is not uncommon with a preorder - that is the "pre" portion of it. You are getting a significant discount purchasing before the product is released. You can wait and see, but yes at that time the price does go up.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby danphish » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:35 pm

Peter_IK wrote:This is not uncommon with a preorder - that is the "pre" portion of it. You are getting a significant discount purchasing before the product is released. You can wait and see, but yes at that time the price does go up.

Peter, is there any news on the video demonstration front? I'm very excited for this release but would like to see how it works first and you had mentioned that there were videos being produced and would come shortly. Will there be any before the release?
Thanks.
danphish

Postby thedjmache » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:41 pm

^^^^^^^^^
thedjmache

Postby OliverF » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:35 am

Just did the pre order. Looking forward and trust that this is a great product!
OliverF

Postby Phonotics » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:22 pm

Peter, thank you for your answer, although you have given the same answer in another post and I actually read it before I asked.
I did find it unclear what to expect from the package and “it is new” or “it is the same” would have served me better.
From what I can tell, it seems that the choir part is the same as that one I already have in Miroslav Philhamonic. Now, I’m sure MP2 a fine product, but I'd rather wait and see and make a more informed decision later, even if that means the price rises.

Peter_IK wrote:
Phonotics wrote:I'm considering buying it too, but haven't decided yet. From what I can make out of the info the choir part seem to be the same as the old library. It would be very helpful if someone from IK Multimedia has any information on this.

The new instruments are listed at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ph ... ik2-sounds under "New Instruments" and the preorder pricing ends when Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is released.
Phonotics

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:48 pm

... and, please list the articulations for the "Multi" instruments on their Info pages (same goes for the 'Multi' instruments in ST3)

As an example - the "Violin Multi" Info page says "8 key-switchable articulations with 6 different velocity switches within those articulations." What are those 8 articulations and what do the velocity switches do in each articulation?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby thedjmache » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:52 pm

Will the old sounds (23 violins, 11 violins, 4 violins, etc...) get new articulations as well? It would be a shame if not because they would start to feel somewhat incomplete compared to the newer instruments...
thedjmache

Postby mbain1967 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:45 pm

Peter, I am worried about the library's strain on my CPU. I have a dual-core processor and 8 Gig RAM. I have to run Miroslav 1 through a bridge because my DAW is 64 bit Studio One 3. It eats up a lot of CPU, but I don't know if that's because of Miroslav or because of the bridge.

My system has no problems running Sample tank 3's sounds (Free Edition). Is Miroslav 2 about the same, as far as CPU resources are concerned?

Thanks
mbain1967

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:30 pm

I would think that MP2's CPU load is about the same as ST3's. Try out a bunch of the ST3 orchestral instruments in ST3.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mbain1967 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:34 pm

DarkStar wrote:I would think that MP2's CPU load is about the same as ST3's. Try out a bunch of the ST3 orchestral instruments in ST3.

Thanks, I will. There's not many orchestral instruments come with the free version, but it probably would give me a good idea.
mbain1967

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More