Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby avemcree » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:49 pm

I would buy it now if the one that I bought didnt crap out on me 2 days ago... its a shame because I really like these sounds but the way you have to arthorize plugin make its impossible to get it working... I literally tried 10 times without success mean while all my ilok plugins still work without a problem
avemcree

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:35 pm

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby emCar0 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:46 pm

I very much would also like to see one or more walkthrough videos showing many of the various articulations (especially legato) of the many instruments. I would think it would help convince many more people to get the library (assuming the video is done decently and the library sounds good) since it would do a lot better job than the demo songs of making people aware of how the various instruments in the library sound and what they're like to use. Other companies (8dio, Spitfire, Cinesamples, etc.) have great videos showing someone using their libraries in a DAW and they've been very helpful in determining whether or not I'd like to buy the library.
emCar0

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:16 pm

There are videos and more audio demos coming from what I'm told.

I've also been alerted to the fact that the release date has been set at December 17, 2015 now.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby danphish » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:49 pm

Thank you for the added information. I will keep a look out in the IK youtube video page.
danphish

Postby DarkStar » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:05 am

I would like to know what changes have been made to the original MP instruments when bringing them into MP2?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby bluesplayer » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:36 pm

will the pre-order price HOLD until at least the 16th of Dec then??
So we have a chance to see/hear more demos
bluesplayer

Postby thedjmache » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:50 am

Why does MP1 have 4 violas, and when a typical large orchestra contains 8?
thedjmache

Postby Phonotics » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:21 pm

I was taken by surprise by this new edition of Philharmic, and a nice one at that. From what I can hear, the library is indeed well sounding.

I have a question though. I work a lot with choir arrangements and is curios of what changes has been made to the choir section of Philharmonic. Will there be more types of accents, wovels, marccatos etc for building up phrases?
Last edited by Phonotics on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phonotics

Postby thedjmache » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:00 am

Also, would these sounds be additions to the old Miroslav sounds. Like, would the violin legato be an addition to the current solo violin in Sampletank 3. I'm just curios because Miroslav Philharmonik is not fully taken from Miroslav Vitous' huge library, and I'm wondering if this library completes it. Please reply!
thedjmache

Postby danphish » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:02 pm

I have come across a very good demonstration video for [another product], on Youtube. This is exactly what I would like to see for Philharmonic 2, which gives a great demonstration of the VI's sounds and functionality.

It looks like we have about two weeks to jump on the pre-order, so I hope some additional material comes soon.
danphish

Postby eitarokawaguchi » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:57 pm

I would like to know if there is <No Vibrato> articulation in solo instruments, expecially solo string instruments. Old version has it in string ensemble, but not in solo string.
Thank you.
eitarokawaguchi

Postby beskow » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:26 am

Will MP2 include variations for Breath Control, as MP1 does with the BC1 and BC2 child patches?
beskow

Postby dave_clark » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:22 am

Are the keys for key-switching hardwired to C0 through G0 (shown in online pics)? Or are they assignable? I don't have C0 or D0.

Thanks,
Dave Clark
dave_clark

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:18 am

Hello dave_clark and welcome to (posting in) the forum.

Well, they are fixed in ST3, so I would expect MP2 to be the same.

C0 is MIDI Note 24, as the range starts at C-2. You might be able to use an octave-shift on your keyboard or split your keyboard into zones. Which keyboard are you using?

Or get a bigger one or a second keyboard controller - I've used a Korg nanoPad in the past.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More