Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:17 am

Changomarangodechapultepe wrote:How do we find out about updates to the plug-in or sound content? Is there a mailing list? I had no idea about the Concert Harp until I saw it mentioned here today. Have there been updates to other sounds since mid-December?

We do regular mailings. If you aren't getting emails from us, please sign up at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter

You can also find any updates to your products in your IK User Area under "My Products" (including release notes and previous versions).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lasvideo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:02 am

I just bought MP2 and am very impressed.

My challenge is that for composing certain parts I use the Oxygen 25 midi keyboard. It obviously has a very shot range of keys. How can I reassign the Control Switching Keys (which on a normal keyboards would be at the extreme bottom, and I am guessing dont show up at all on my short range keyboard)? Its seems they arent reassignable.

So Is an 88 keyboard required to access key switch functions with Miroslav Philharmonik 2?
lasvideo

Postby lasvideo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:10 am

Deleted by OP. :)
Last edited by lasvideo on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lasvideo

Postby DarkStar » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Hello lasvideo and welcome to the forum.
lasvideo wrote:I just bought MP2 and am very impressed.

My challenge is that for composing certain parts I use the Oxygen 25 midi keyboard. It obviously has a very shot range of keys. How can I reassign the Control Switching Keys (which on a normal keyboards would be at the extreme bottom, and I am guessing don't show up at all on my short range keyboard)? It seems they aren't reassignable.

So Is an 88 keyboard required to access key switch functions with Miroslav Philharmonik 2?

Phew, orchestral compositions on a 25-key keyboard ; )

Anyway: short answer - they are not reassignable. But, if they were reassigned you would have fewer keys for your playing. And, no you do not need an 88 key keyboard. In your position I would get a Korg Nanokey 2 and use that specifically for the keyswitches.

Or, get a 49 or 61 key keyboard and use that for your playing and your existing keyboard for the key-switching. In addition, many keyboards can be split into zones -- one for the key-switches, the other for playing. You will still need to use the Octave Transpose switches though.

As for Logic Pro - sorry, I do not know about that host. Someone-else should come along and advise.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby novaburst » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:41 pm

lasvideo wrote:I just bought MP2 and am very impressed.

My challenge is that for composing certain parts I use the Oxygen 25 midi keyboard. It obviously has a very shot range of keys. How can I reassign the Control Switching Keys (which on a normal keyboards would be at the extreme bottom, and I am guessing dont show up at all on my short range keyboard)? Its seems they arent reassignable.

For orchestral you will need much more key range than 25, you can use the octave directions on the oxygen to access more of the range and key switch but as in other post here more key range the better

I have the 49 but still need to use my plugged in 88 keyboard to get to key switch especially if i want to do a section of music in one hit instead of stop start stop start.

the 88 key board takes up a lot of space but cant do with out it esp when it comes to using all the ranges of some orchestral instruments.
novaburst

Postby novaburst » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:50 pm

Peter_IK wrote:You should always update to the latest version of the application, there is a note about graphic support for the new harp in the release notes for it. I'm glad you updated and it fixed the issue for you.

I suppose not checking certain things like updates can send us in a world of confusion when things start going wrong.

also reading the entire notes on any given content : oh well live and learn live and learn :geek:
novaburst

Postby lasvideo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:55 pm

Novaburst & Darkstar thanks for the response! I found a solution that is a good alternative to 88 keys.

Theres a great tutorial called Miroslav Philharmonik 2 Explained on the Groove 3 site.

https://www.groove3.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQiA ... As7y8P8HAQ

Since I use Logic Pro X for my song creation process, it describes a way to first perform the melody, then open that melody on the Piano Roll Editor and selectively draw in the keys that trigger the various performance dynamics. I find it gives more a lot more control and finesse and fits into my work flow very nicely.
lasvideo

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:48 pm

novaburst wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:You should always update to the latest version of the application, there is a note about graphic support for the new harp in the release notes for it. I'm glad you updated and it fixed the issue for you.

I suppose not checking certain things like updates can send us in a world of confusion when things start going wrong.

also reading the entire notes on any given content : oh well live and learn live and learn :geek:

Not a problem at all, the Release Notes aren't generally expanded until you click so I understand that. It would be nice to have them expanded by default but there would likely be some cases where the notes were quite long or if you have a lot of products that would make for an even more confusing experience with all of that on the page :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby novaburst » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:53 pm

lasvideo wrote:Novaburst & Darkstar thanks for the response! I found a solution that is a good alternative to 88 keys.

Theres a great tutorial called Miroslav Philharmonik 2 Explained on the Groove 3 site.

https://www.groove3.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQiA ... As7y8P8HAQ

Since I use Logic Pro X for my song creation process, it describes a way to first perform the melody, then open that melody on the Piano Roll Editor and selectively draw in the keys that trigger the various performance dynamics. I find it gives more a lot more control and finesse and fits into my work flow very nicely.

Nice going ,
I suppose its how you feel in delivering the vibe you want in your music, I have seen producers do some great tricks and make undeliverable music and they dont even use the keyboard they just use the mouse and space bare and enter, how cool is that.

So many ways in doing this stuff with all this tech.
novaburst

Postby thedjmache » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:03 pm

Can't find the string ensemble, string ensemble dyn staccato, and string ensemble d-u in my library. I see them in the pictures on the website, but can't find them. Also, when is the sound updater coming out?
thedjmache

Postby dubmunkey » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:15 pm

Can we use the sound libraries from Miroslav Philharmonik 1?
dubmunkey

Postby ronmac » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:26 pm

Yes, they load in MP2 and work fine.
ronmac

Postby dubmunkey » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:23 pm

thanks ronmac; I couldn't get it to work for me but now I know it is possible I'll give it another try.

cheers
dubmunkey

Postby DarkStar » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:50 pm

All the MP1 instruments are already included in MP2.

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 also contains all of the samples from the original Miroslav Philharmonik virtual instrument that provide additional strings, brass and windwinds but also choir, keyboard instruments, chromatic instruments and percussion.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby thedjmache » Mon May 02, 2016 5:27 am

WILL THERE BE A MUCH NEEDED SOUND UPDATE???
thedjmache

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More