Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby thedjmache » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:41 pm

Can someone PM me the manual for this product? I seem to have lost mine :(
thedjmache

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:24 am

matt33377 wrote:Can someone PM me the manual for this product? I seem to have lost mine :(

Your manual is available in your IK User Area and it also installs with the product. You can find the exact locations in this FAQ: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/2497
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:28 am

Meanwhile,

MP2 is reviewed in Computer Music issue 228:
9/10
  • Huge array of articulations with consistent sound quality
  • Excellent onboard processing in ST3 engine
  • Patterns library
  • But, no new percussion sounds
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby f.heijkamp » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:06 pm

Hi, I'm a long time user of Sample Tank but new to the Miroslav collection. This week I bought a license MP2 and played a bit around with it. There is enough said about the sample inconsistency, stereo shifts and so on. I assume IK will fix this issues in future updates.

The point I would like to raise is the EDIT tab. Controls are unresponsive most of the times. Controls on the first row (PART) seem to work on every occasion including Pan and Volume. But controls on the other rows (SAMPLE, FILTER / VELOCITY, LFO, ENVELOPE and KEY) work sometimes and in most cases they don't. At this point I'm only touching them with my computer mouse and visually you can see the controls respond. Unfortunately the sound does not respond to the changing controls. To me this is clearly a bug that deserves the highest priority.
f.heijkamp

Postby allanh » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:25 pm

I just noticed a new release from a few days ago: Latest version: 2.0.2
Released on:02-16-2016. I must have overlooked an announcement of that.
allanh

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:38 pm

f.heijkamp wrote:The point I would like to raise is the EDIT tab. Controls are unresponsive most of the times. Controls on the first row (PART) seem to work on every occasion including Pan and Volume. But controls on the other rows (SAMPLE, FILTER / VELOCITY, LFO, ENVELOPE and KEY) work sometimes and in most cases they don't. At this point I'm only touching them with my computer mouse and visually you can see the controls respond. Unfortunately the sound does not respond to the changing controls. To me this is clearly a bug that deserves the highest priority.

Please report your issue to IK Support. I haven't seen reports of this and haven't experienced it myself so perhaps they can assist you and get things working as they should for you. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby f.heijkamp » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:15 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
f.heijkamp wrote:... Controls on the first row (PART) seem to work on every occasion including Pan and Volume. But controls on the other rows (SAMPLE, FILTER / VELOCITY, LFO, ENVELOPE and KEY) work sometimes and in most cases they don't...

Please report your issue to IK Support...

Hi Peter, I think I have find out where the problem lies. When operating the (Articulation) Key Switch, for instance from Sustain to Pizzicato the sound plays the selected articulation as it is supposed to. But the EDIT view does not follow. The dark grey "Element/Articulation" dropdown it still set to "Sustain" articulation and doesn't change automatically to "Pizzicato" in this example. Controls for PART are global and controls for SAMPLE, FILTER / VELOCITY, LFO, ENVELOPE and KEY are specific. This is where my confusion started.

The feature request I will be submitting is the following:
Under SETTINGS - PREFERENCES I would like to suggest a checkbox that is checked by default. This checkbox enables the AUTO FOLLOW on the EDIT tab when operating the (Articulation) Key Switch. The "Element/Articulation" dropdown and therefore all the parameters in the screen will follow / show the currently active "Element/Articulation". This creates a better experience when performing on the fly editing of parameters.
f.heijkamp

Postby novaburst » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:05 pm

DarkStar wrote:Meanwhile,

MP2 is reviewed in Computer Music issue 228:
9/10
  • Huge array of articulations with consistent sound quality
  • Excellent onboard processing in ST3 engine
  • Patterns library
  • But, no new percussion sounds

link please, always helps :roll:
novaburst

Postby novaburst » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:12 pm

So we have a new harp Hmmmmmm nice doesn't work my be bug .

Courses crash for stand alone so just deleted file

Would have been nice to see demo of it playing or some thing

never the less I think MP2 heading in the right direction with more new sample content
novaburst

Postby DarkStar » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:24 pm

novaburst wrote:link please, always helps :roll:

Review is not yet available individually; get the magazine:
https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/ ... issue-228/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:29 pm

novaburst wrote:So we have a new harp Hmmmmmm nice doesn't work my be bug .

Courses crash for stand alone so just deleted file

Would have been nice to see demo of it playing or some thing

never the less I think MP2 heading in the right direction with more new sample content

There's an audio clip on the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 section of our web site. Please report your issue to support, I'm sure they can help you get it up and running.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lag » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:37 pm

My new harp is working fine.....and it's actually quite nice :) Now if we only knew when the general sound update (fixing certain sample issues), will be arriving. Support has told me that it's coming, but doesn't know when.
lag

Postby novaburst » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:16 am

@DarkStar thanks for link, will wait till then,

@Peter yes checked the demo, Did not notice a .2 update from .1 maybe this should be announced as this was the reason for crash,

Harp working fine now with update, 2 0.2 I got the harp alert in mail news letter but did not get update alert or maybe I did but did not read.

Anyway harp is sounding good much better than the harp in version 1 I think I can put this to good use,
novaburst

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:23 am

You should always update to the latest version of the application, there is a note about graphic support for the new harp in the release notes for it. I'm glad you updated and it fixed the issue for you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Changomarangodechapultepe » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:58 am

How do we find out about updates to the plug-in or sound content? Is there a mailing list? I had no idea about the Concert Harp until I saw it mentioned here today. Have there been updates to other sounds since mid-December?
Changomarangodechapultepe

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More