Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:18 pm

allanh wrote:That is very good news. The legacy Miroslav has become one of my favorites.

Q: is every note individually sampled?

The stretching is one of the few noticeable artifacts with the original Miroslav and the MP samples included in ST3.

Thanks in advance.

I received an answer to your question:
With so much memory easily available nowadays, there's no need to economize the key mapping. However we do omit some samples both to make the note transitions more smooth and even-sounding and also to omit less-than-ideal-sounding notes. It's the same approach we use for the piano sampling. Obviously our goal is to create the best sounding instruments possible.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thedjmache » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Instead of using Miroslav's GUI, can we use them in Sampletank 3? Also, if so, how will they be imported, as a separate pane (like the expansion packs), or integrated with the existing orchestral sounds in Sampletank 3?
thedjmache

Postby youadri » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:10 pm

DarkStar wrote:Hello youadri and welcome to the forum.

The MP2 Specs page says:
Mac® (64-bit):
Mac OS X 10.7 or later
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.

Is there more info that you need?

Exactly what I needed - many thanks!
youadri

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:15 pm

matt33377 wrote:Instead of using Miroslav's GUI, can we use them in Sampletank 3? Also, if so, how will they be imported, as a separate pane (like the expansion packs), or integrated with the existing orchestral sounds in Sampletank 3?

From http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/philharmonik2/ -
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is based on SampleTank 3 technology. This means that you can use it on its own as a standalone instrument or as an additional library inside of the SampleTank 3 sound and groove workstation itself — perfect for those more complicated scores and productions that require sounds pulled from SampleTank 3’s massive and expanding universe of sounds.

It will likely pull in as its own full library with an icon on the list.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thedjmache » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Also, when exactly in December is it coming out?
thedjmache

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:49 pm

matt33377 wrote:Also, when exactly in December is it coming out?

This is not set yet.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tosvus » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:27 pm

Any more "epic" type samples coming? I would like to try to make some cinematic type music, and the previous Philharmonik did not to me compare favorably to for instance the new Brass Collection and Strings products from NI. Those sound very very realistic, and I am hoping Miroslav is similar that sense (since I like IK and would like to keep to your products). Cinematic Bravura sample seems very promising though, but I'd like to hear more.

Thanks!
tosvus

Postby Shithawk » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:05 am

tosvus wrote:Any more "epic" type samples coming? I would like to try to make some cinematic type music, and the previous Philharmonik did not to me compare favorably to for instance the new Brass Collection and Strings products from NI. Those sound very very realistic, and I am hoping Miroslav is similar that sense (since I like IK and would like to keep to your products). Cinematic Bravura sample seems very promising though, but I'd like to hear more.

Thanks!

Agreed 109%. Especially the brass. Can we hear new individual samples?
Shithawk

Postby thedjmache » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:09 pm

Would the miroslav samples built into sampletank 3 full be removed? I don't see the need to add some of the extra miroslav samples, if sampletank 3 full contains them...
thedjmache

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:02 pm

matt33377 wrote:Would the miroslav samples built into sampletank 3 full be removed? I don't see the need to add some of the extra miroslav samples, if sampletank 3 full contains them...

No the Miroslav samples that are in the core SampleTank 3 library will not be removed. Nor would it be recommended.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thedjmache » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:48 pm

But wouldn't the new miroslav philharmonik samples contain the ones already contained in sampletank 3?
thedjmache

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:05 pm

matt33377 wrote:But wouldn't the new miroslav philharmonik samples contain the ones already contained in sampletank 3?

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 includes Miroslav Philharmonik 1 reprogrammed to work in the SampleTank 3 engine. Those Miroslav Philharmonik 1 samples are made to integrate with the 45GB of new instruments. SampleTank 3's core library contains some, not all, of those original samples but not all and they are meant to work as they do now as part of the core ST3 library.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thedjmache » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:26 am

So what you are telling me is that the instruments in Sampletank 3 that are from Miroslav Philharmonik 1, are also included in Miroslav Philharmonik 2?
thedjmache

Postby Shithawk » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:26 am

matt33377 wrote:So what you are telling me is that the instruments in Sampletank 3 that are from Miroslav Philharmonik 1, are also included in Miroslav Philharmonik 2?

Can IKM just make available a list of what is actually introduced in MP2 as new samples - not reworked samples from MP1 or multi/instruments derived from MP1.
Shithawk

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:14 am

... it's already available:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/philharmonik2/index.php?pp=philharmonik2-sounds

(but not the individual st3i instrument names, if that is what you were after).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More