Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby sidroe » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:18 am

Can I install the sounds first and then install Miroslav 2 and point it to the Sampletank library or am I better off installing Miroslav 2 first? It seems I should re-scan Sampletank 3 first before I install Miroslav. Does it really matter?
sidroe

Postby sidroe » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:23 am

I apologize for being dumbfounded at this but I have had so many installations the last year that it is quite confusing! I have the original Miroslav Philharmonik and I remember it being so simple to install the library but now combining the Sampletank 3 library with Miroslav 2 has me confused.
Could I possibly keep Miroslav and Sampletank separate by installing Miroslav 2 library in it's own folder on the secondary drive? I would much rather use Miroslav 2 separately instead of getting it involved with Sampletank 3 at all! Just curious!
sidroe

Postby danphish » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:33 am

I just noticed that there is no Pizzicato for Solo Strings (except basses). Why no Pizzicato?
Will there be updates for missing articulations (though I haven't particularly noticed anything else missing)?
danphish

Postby rosleck » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:36 am

Peter_IK wrote:
rosleck wrote:Will pre-orders be delivered before X-mas?

Direct downloads will be available upon release, boxed versions will need processing, packing, shipping time so there is no guarantee of that before Christmas.

I am stunned that the processing and packing were not done in a manor so pre orders would be shipped on the release date. 48 hours in and no shipment information yet. I'm flabbergasted a world wide company can not handle shipping in a prompt manner.
rosleck

Postby rtucker55 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:40 am

@sidroe

I installed MP2 first. I did not open/run it at this point.

Now, install each of the 16 sound files, they will seek out your sampletank 3 sound folder.
if not, point them there. On win7 they wanted to know it the program installed properly and I clicked yes. (admin issue)

Now, Run standalone MP2 and it will ask to be authorized. I'm online so I did it right then. I entered the auth code and was accepted. Now you can click DONE and it will scan and populate MP2. You can now play with MP2 but there is still an issue with the piano file and it will not load. They are working on it.

After that I opened sampletank 3 and it automatically scanned the Mp2 files and it does take a few minutes. You should now see both a sampletank3 and MP2 entry available in sampletank 3.

Hope this helps!
rtucker55

Postby egam » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:41 am

sidroe wrote:Could I possibly keep Miroslav and Sampletank separate by installing Miroslav 2 library in it's own folder on the secondary drive? I would much rather use Miroslav 2 separately instead of getting it involved with Sampletank 3 at all! Just curious!

You can keep them separated but then you have to change the library path and rescan every time you use the other one.
egam

Postby sidroe » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:46 am

So, in order for everything to run as designed the Miroslav 2 library MUST be installed in Sampletank 3. Thanks for the clarification! I have been downloading and backing up the files for almost 16 hours! I'm cross-eyed now! I will get to the installation probably first thing in the morning. Thanks, guys!
sidroe

Postby egam » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:11 am

They released MP v2.0.1 and Sampletank 3.63. Piano loading issue is resolved. :D
Last edited by egam on Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
egam

Postby rtucker55 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:57 am

Very quick update, Great job!

but,

I just noticed another little issue. Was in standalone while testing this.

I loaded the Grand Piano in Mp2 and tried to change the amount of Hall but the control does nothing. Still have plenty of Room sound when Hall dial set to zero. Turned of all reverb and it is still there...

If i load the same Grand Piano in ST3 the Hall dial Will control the amount of Room.

Fortunately it was designed to be used in either interface so I can use ST3 as a workaround. It sounds very good also!
rtucker55

Postby egam » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:37 am

rtucker55 wrote:I loaded the Grand Piano in Mp2 and tried to change the amount of Hall but the control does nothing. Still have plenty of Room sound when Hall dial set to zero. Turned of all reverb and it is still there...

You need to go to the mix tab. Scroll to the right and you see there is a ConvoRoom on the return channel. If you turn it down or remove it, the hall will be gone.

rtucker55 wrote:It sounds very good also!

Yeah! :D
egam

Postby ToDoc » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:25 am

If i try to open patterns in ST3, I only see the new MP2 patterns. Even if I copy the "old" ST3 patterns into the MP2 pattern folder, they are not showing up in the ST3 GUI. Has anyone the same problem?

Thomas
ToDoc

Postby OliverF » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:00 pm

Anyone can send a review about the sound quality? Thanks
OliverF

Postby ivanodonoghue » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:03 pm

So I've still had no luck with the first sounds installer (the other 15 worked fine)

"The Miroslav 2 Sound Content (1 of 16) installation failed. Unable to copy the instruments"

What I've tried:
administrator mode
re-downloading

My environment - Windows 8.1 with Sampletank 3, Miroslav 1. I chose not to install standalone player - just vst and vst3.

Interestingly, I see that the pak files from the installer have been deployed to C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Samples\50 Miroslav Philharmonik 2\Piano

So it seems the instruments did actually copy.
ivanodonoghue

Postby prockjp » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:01 pm

ivanodonoghue wrote:So I've still had no luck with the first sounds installer (the other 15 worked fine)

"The Miroslav 2 Sound Content (1 of 16) installation failed. Unable to copy the instruments"

What I've tried:
administrator mode
re-downloading

My environment - Windows 8.1 with Sampletank 3, Miroslav 1. I chose not to install standalone player - just vst and vst3.

Interestingly, I see that the pak files from the installer have been deployed to C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Samples\50 Miroslav Philharmonik 2\Piano

So it seems the instruments did actually copy.

Try extracting the sound content to your desktop. Run the installation from there. I had to do that for sound files 1 & 6. Also if running on windows 7, windows might ask to install it "with suggested configuration". If that happens just choose that button.

Regards 8-)
DAW: Cubase Pro 9, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Latest versions of IK's ST3, MP2, AT4 (Max, Fender Collection 2, & British Invasion Bundles)
prockjp

Postby naokibee » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:51 pm

OliverF wrote:Anyone can send a review about the sound quality? Thanks

I downloaded & installed Miroslav 2 with no problems. Before the release, ppl gave bad feedbacks to the demo songs but I found MP2 sounds pretty good and adequate indeed.
The definition of the low-end strings/brass improved. Also, until now I didn't realize the convolution reverbs are impressive. Personally, however, I found MP1 oboe sounds more musical than the MP2 one somehow.

There must be other better libraries our there but I'm quite happy with the purchase. :D
If I made bad songs, it would be due to the lack of my orchestration, composition or mixing skills, not the library. :mrgreen:
naokibee

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More